Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, January 10, 2014

Cassie's Journal - January 9, 2014



The extra nap time last night had me fully recharged by this morning; so I was fired up and ready for another long, fun day.

Good morning kisses with Michael and Tai Chi with him and my family is always a good start; and I really like the morning phone chats with Grandma and Grandpa too.  One thing that I am going to miss is having Michael stay for breakfast some mornings; but he really doesn’t have time for that right now while juggling Tai Chi and weight training.  He only has about a half hour to get ready for school and eat something on the fly.

There isn’t much to report from school.  In our class, the top chat topic was Gretchen’s birthday party – at least for those of us who are going to Crystal Springs with her.  There are a few hurt feelings too, but everyone also understands that it’s too expensive for most families to do big parties when they’re in Crystal Springs.

It was my time at the Inn tonight that I had the most fun; starting with our after-school study session.  One of the good things about the quiet business time during the few weeks after Christmas is that there isn’t as much work to do at the Inn; so we were able to take our time getting our assignments done and have a little play time before Rowen and Tim headed out and Michael and I went to help out in the kitchen for the small dinner rush.

After the shock of having Jacob actually win a game night championship, Miranda didn’t attempt another girls against the boys; or even a partner trade.  She did have lots to say when her team ended up near the bottom for the senior championship scoring, but Jacob and some of the other guys just suggested to her that she might be the main distraction keeping him from playing his best; while that hadn’t been a problem on a guys-only team.

Jake and Stephanie didn’t help them out with that theory; since they did win the senior championship – their first time competing with the adults.  Michael and I managed a top-five finish; and that saved us from getting drawn into that debate on one side or the other.  I stayed to help with the clean-up; walked home with Michael and his family; and got home in time for the goodnight kisses with Ethan and Ehlana before doing my Magi lesson with Mom in the office while Dad got started on his homework.

Violet was at Dillon’s house tonight, so Mom worked with me for over an hour; and then set me free to get started on my archives and language studies.  That was only about two and a half hours ago, and while the extra sleep last night helped out a lot; I don’t want to be burned out again by the weekend and need to cut back just a little.  My archive assignment in particular was a snoozer too; and I nearly fell asleep trying to get through it tonight – not that I haven’t done that before during some of the most tedious lessons.

I don’t have any other news from around the family and there isn’t anything I want to write about here from the news, entertainment, and sports checks; so I guess it’s just time to say goodnight and get some rest.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!