Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Cassie's Journal - January 10, 2014



Yesterday’s update is coming to you this morning because I fell asleep last night while watching our second movie in the lounge – while cuddling with Michael.  He thought it was cute, and he advised me that Rowen and Tim thought it was funny.  So did Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana; and I’m glad that I could entertain everyone.

Waking up on the sofa in the lounge this morning felt strange, and despite the jokes; I was still in the same clothes I fell asleep wearing – not that the thought of having Michael help me get changed isn’t interesting.  Maybe we’ll try that out sometime. ;^)

This update is about yesterday, though; so let’s get to that.  The morning routine was fairly uneventful; though that could partly be because I was a bit tired then too.  Our first school-day Friday of the year was a Day One schedule; so that wasn’t quite as much fun as starting the day with music would have been.  I love our Spanish class too; but that isn’t as much fun when pretty much everyone else in the class except our teacher isn’t particularly enthusiastic about the subject.

Ending the afternoon with Phys-Ed is good, though, and being set free for the weekend usually has everyone at school happy.  Michael, Tim, and Rowen came home with me; though we split up so that they could all check in with parental units first.  We did our homework; and then had time to play with Ethan and Ehlana before getting put to work.  Michael and I were in the kitchen, and Rowen and Tim were in the lounge to get it ready for the movies part of our dinner and a movie night.

I won’t mention that it took them a very long time to do that – especially since they took everything Mom had picked up with them in one trip – and only needed to re-stock the fridge.  Testing the sofa for comfort, or any other ‘work’ excuse they might use doesn’t change the fact that even my brother and sister knew what they were really doing.

We had a fairly large gang over for dinner; which is why movie night was in the lounge for kids and teens, and in the living room for the adults.  Violet and Dillon were with us for dinner and the first movie, though they mostly talked with Mom, Dad, and the rest of the adults during dinner while Ethan and Ehlana helped to keep my friends and I entertained.  I’ve skipped over some details there; but I’m doing this while getting ready for Gretchen’s party; and need to hurry up a bit.

Dinner was surf and turf with a lot of choices, so the work took a while; but the food was awesome.  While we – the younger teens – didn’t get much time to spend with Violet and Dillon during dinner or the clean-up; they watched the first movie with us in the lounge so we had that couple of hours with them.  Ethan and Ehlana had them exclusively for their bedtime routine during our movie intermission; and then Michael, Rowen, Tim, and I were part of the hugs and kisses committee when it was time for them to head out – along with the rest of our guests.

Violet and Dillon weren’t going straight to his house, but they stayed there overnight after stopping in for a visit with Jake and Stephanie.  It’s probably tougher for Jake and Dillon to be so far apart from each other after being best friends pretty much their entire lives; but Violet and Stephanie have become best friends in exactly the same way Mom and Aunt Leanne did when we first moved here, and they miss each other too.  That’ll be tough while they’re all at college; but I’m sure that they’re all also glad to know that they’ll be living here in Witch Falls after that.

I don’t remember much after the start of our second movie; so I must have fallen asleep fairly early on.  Michael did tell me that they watched the rest of the movie before I was tucked in for the night: Mom and Dad saw him – and Rowen and Tim – out; and he headed home for a little late night visit with his brother and Stephanie before going to bed.  The good news with that is I’m fully-charged and ready for our day in Crystal Springs – and maybe for some Michael and me time tonight after we get home again.  This is another day where he’s missing a shift at the Inn, but I’ll make that up to Miranda and Jacob by helping out at the buffet tomorrow to thank them.

For now, though, I really need to finish getting ready for Gretchen’s party, so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!