Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cassie's Journal - January 15, 2014



It was nice while it lasted, but we’re back to freezing temperatures again tonight – though not the deep freeze of the now-infamous ‘polar vortex’.  I haven’t commented on that round of media idiocy; but then pretty much the entire mainstream news system is nothing more than info-tainment now anyway, so why bother?

This is going to be a fairly short report tonight, partly because of certain gaps in the information Mom passed on from her sleepover in the city; and also because there just wasn’t much going on today other than school and work.

I loved exercising with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne this morning; but missed having Michael, Mom, and the twins there too.  Uncle Adam cooked up a great breakfast, so that was a bonus; and so was the morning long-distance chat with Grandma and Grandpa.  There’s probably a good reason why they decided to call us instead of Mom and Dad in their hotel room; but let’s not go there.  I was still ready to go to school early even after some extra hair-play time with Aunt Leanne.  That gave me enough time to meet up with Rowen and drop my overnight bag off at home on our way to school; and we were there ten minutes before Michael and Tim met up with us after their weight training workout.

There really isn’t any news to write about from school – just a standard, middle-of-the-week day.  Our after-school study session was at Tim’s house, but we just got to the work and finished it so that we could all get to our part-time jobs – and I could get home and do the overnight update with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana.  The twins had lots to tell me about Naomi’s party, their sleepovers, and everything they did today; but Mom had almost nothing to tell me – other than that she and Dad went out to dinner with the Malloys.

Having that lack of detail is mostly a good thing, but this time my adorable little brother and sister were sporting the ‘we know something you don’t know’ grins; so it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to guess that some birthday shopping might have been going on yesterday too.  They might be more excited about my upcoming and impending jump into the teens than I am right now; but I’m sure I’ll catch up eventually – especially since it’ll be my first with a boyfriend.

Our little chat was entertaining, but then it was mostly all work after that except for our dinner break.  Even Ethan and Ehlana were busy with their college studies tonight while Mom and I both worked on the family business.  I worked at that until Mom was ready to do my Magi lesson; we did the full bath and bed routine with the twins after that; and I’ve been multi-tasking my bedtime studies and computing with some Jacuzzi time since then.  There isn’t anything newsworthy to report from any of that, and it’s time for me to get out of the tub and finish getting ready for bed; so I’m going to wrap this up and get on with that.

Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!