Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, January 24, 2014

Cassie's Journal - January 23, 2014



Happy 30th Birthday, Liz!

I’m sure she’s had a happy day too; but we won’t write about what she might be doing with her kid-free night while Naomi is with us and Eli is with Uncle Nick and Aunt Deborah.

The reason I’m sure she’s having a great day is because he top birthday gift was finding out that she’s going on the girls’ weekend away with Mom, Aunt Leanne, and the other women.  There were at least a few people in her family in on the surprise; since half of her gifts just happened to be perfect for a weekend of sun and fun – especially the spending money that should more than cover her expenses and some quality shopping time.

I wasn’t actually there for the gift opening or birthday dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Ayres’ house because I was helping out at the Inn instead; but they brought the birthday party to the Inn for game night, and Miranda had a second birthday cake there for the main snack option.  Before I get to that, though; let’s cover the rest of the daily recap to that point.

While Mr. Ayres was having a good day because his older sister was hitting the big three-oh; his students were mostly getting excited about Lisa’s thirteenth birthday party tomorrow night.  Weekend parties are always more fun; mostly because we get to keep the fun going later than most parents allow on a school night.  Football is mercifully on the back burner right now; though I’m sure that’ll kick up into high gear again next week in the lead-up to the Super Bowl.

It was a pretty quiet morning at home before school, and there isn’t much exciting happening in our classes right now either; though we are pushing through quite a bit of work right now.  That’s probably because we’ll get into Valentine’s Day mode by early February; and our teachers want to push the core lessons while they can – just as they will do between Valentine’s Day and Easter.

We had a fair bit of homework to get done tonight, so Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I worked on that at the Inn until Michael and I really needed to stop and help out in the kitchen.  I could have gone to Liz’s birthday dinner, but new that her parents already had a full house; and one less kid just made it a tiny bit easier for them – or two guests; since Miranda would have let Michael go with me.

I didn’t really feel as though I was missing out on anything tonight because I wouldn’t have gotten to spend much time with Liz anyway; though hanging out with the toddlers or helping with the babies would have been fun.  Working in the kitchen with Michael and Rebecca was great too, though; and I’m always glad to get that time with them – and with Jacob and Miranda.

The dinner crowd was light again this week; so we had lots of time to get the work done and the dining room cleaned and set up for game night before the usual gang started showing up – plus the extras who came specifically to help Liz celebrate her big day.  While her big birthday gift was a top story, my favorite part of that was knowing that two more Moms were going to get that same surprise next Thursday night – and both women were at the Inn tonight; lamenting that they couldn’t go on the trip too.  I’d like to be a fly on the wall when they find out; but Mom probably won’t let me use a time-phase or transmutation to do the next-best thing.  Then again, maybe I wouldn’t want to be there; depending on how enthusiastic the thank-you responses might be! ;^)

Let’s not go there and move on.  Game night was more entertaining with the bonus birthday party action.  Liz might have liked to add a game night championship to her birthday memories, but she was too distracted most of the time to pay much attention to the gaming; so she and Philip didn’t even place top ten.  Michael and I did a bit better than that with a top three finish in the junior championship; but then we spent as much time playing with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden as we did playing the games.

I would have liked to have some more time with Michael after the games were finished, but Mom and Dad needed my help with four toddlers and overnight gear for two of them, so we went home right after the championships were announced; and I had to settle for a very unsatisfying, public good night hug and kiss with Michael right before we left the Inn.  Ethan, Ehlana, and their sleepover buddies kept me too busy to think about that too much while we did an extended bedtime routine with them that included a group Magi lesson; but that lack of Michael and me time has a lot to do with why I’m still awake now – and managed to get a lot of studying and work done tonight too.

That hadn’t been part of my plan for tonight, but I wasn’t going to be sleeping anyway; so I went with putting that unused energy to productive use – though a time-phase visit to Michael’s house did cross my mind a time or three.  It’s past-time for me to get some sleep, though; so maybe I’ll get to that – and at least there’s a good chance that I’ll see Michael there; preferably in ways that I wish we were getting to share more often in real life.

Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!