Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Cassie's Journal - January 6, 2014



It’s been a busy day!

Heading back to school was only part of that, but after staying at Michael’s tonight to watch the BCS Championship game, and not getting to my school night studies until after midnight; I’m glad that I was able to have the extra sleep last night.

We have a temporary addition to our morning and evening routines at home, though I wasn’t there for the first evening chat with Grandma and Grandpa.  The morning chats will be more fun anyway; since they’ll be able to give us their daily recaps during what is the end of the day for them in India.  This was an adjustment and play day for them, so there wasn’t much to report; but we’re all glad that they’re having fun so far ahead of the work they’ve already started doing by now.

Heading back to school after a holiday always feels a bit strange, and not walking there with Michael was the strangest part of the morning for me.  He’d met Tim there about an hour early for their first weight training with Kyle, and though they were the only guys from our grade there; Kyle also had invited other guys from the football team to join them; and they had a teacher there and available in case of emergency.  Tim had more fun than Michael did with that, but that was mostly because Michael had already done a few workouts work of heavy lifting at the Inn during the buffets yesterday.

I don’t really have anything newsworthy to write about from our actual classwork today, other than that our teachers were happy to launch us right back into full study-mode without any steps to bring us up to speed over a few days.  The gossip network was running at full-speed too, but Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I didn’t make any headlines; so our conversations with our friends and other teens and kids mostly were about what we all did over the holidays.  Football was obviously big for the guys with the championship game tonight and talking about the pro game playoffs.  I seriously doubt that there were more than a handful of guys not watching that game – at least in our area; but I’ll get to that soon.

The after-school action was at my house tonight, and since we pretty much had a full plate of assignments; we only had a little time to play with Ethan and Ehlana between the time we had our work done and Michael and I needed to go over to his house for dinner.  Violet and Dillon were home by then, but they were having dinner with his family; so Ethan and Ehlana had Mom and Dad to themselves for most of the evening.

While I’m thinking about the twins, I haven’t talked to them about it yet; but their first day of college ‘classes’ must have been fun for them.  I don’t expect that they’ll need any more help with that than I did, at least at first; but I will be able to work with them if Mom needs me to do that – and Ehlana’s lab sciences will definitely be fun to do with her now and then even if Mom doesn’t need a part-time lab tech supervising them.

My favorite part of the night was dinner with Michael and his family.  It’s the last night I’ll be having dinner with Jake and Stephanie before they head back to New York; so it was really nice to have those hours to spend with them while we ate and watched the football game.  Miranda, Stephanie, Rebecca, and I weren’t into the game all that much, but three of us were happy to cuddle with our boys while they watched the game and we talked about work, school, and fun plans both for us here at home and for Jake and Stephanie at their schools and in the big city.  Things like Valentine’s Day will definitely be different for them than for us – and not just because they’d be working at the Inn if they were here.

I hadn’t thought about that for Michael and me this year; and don’t think that I will until we get into February and have to deal with the probability that Michael and I will have a working first Valentine’s Day together.

The football game will get some chat time at school tomorrow, and the Florida State fans will be happy campers; while those cheering for Auburn or the underdogs are disappointed tonight.  I don’t really have anything else to say about the game; though I’m ready with the usual stats and game details if Michael needs any support tomorrow.

I went home right after the game ended; had a chat with Mom and Dad; and then came up to my room to get ready for bed and started on my studies.  That was three hours or so ago; and I’m ready to get some sleep.  The only plans we have for tomorrow is dinner with Violet and Dillon; and Michael will be with me for that; and we’ll be hanging out with them in the evening too.  We aren’t starting band practice until next week; so that’ll make it easier for us after school, and might allow for some play time too before Michael and I will need to be home to help out with dinner.

That’s it for now, and really time to pack up and crash for a few hours, so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!