Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Cassie's Journal - January 20, 2014



It’s Martin Luther King Day, but as I’ve mentioned before, it isn’t a big event here in Witch Falls; particularly among the kids and teens.  That isn’t because we’re insensitive to how important Doctor King was – and still is – to millions of people; but it’s also understandable that our general lack of personal experience with racism, other than through movies and media, affects our perspective.  We did have an assignment to research and write up today for school, but that didn’t take long to do; and we got it out of the way this morning.

My day started out great; and not just because of good morning kisses with Michael before Tai Chi.  Naomi wanted to exercise with us, and that was fun; but it was finding out that she ended up spending most of the night in Ethan’s room was very entertaining.  She’d picked the sleeping bag on the floor in Ehlana’s room while Ehlana and Sophia took the beds, but after finding out how uncomfortable that was; she went into Ethan’s room and climbed into his spare bed.  It was obvious to some of us that Ethan had been aware of her being in his room, and Naomi was not at all worried about being found there this morning.  She also didn’t mind getting teased about it by the other girls during breakfast; though Ethan spent a lot of time blushing – and grinning shyly.

Since we had Naomi with us today, Michael and I did a basic lesson with her, Ethan, and Ehlana while Mom and Dad did their own workout.  After that, Michael went to help Dad with making breakfast and Ethan supervised them while the rest of us started working on wake-up calls and taking turns in the bathrooms while getting ready for the day.  With three bathrooms, not including Mom and Dad’s, that took a while; and breakfast was ready and on the dining room table by the time I got downstairs with the last group of girls.

While Ethan and Naomi got teased a lot, Michael and I were a close second; partly because Jenny started a round of jokes and commentary about whether Michael could get away with sleepovers in my room now that Ethan had spent the night with a girl in his room.  Michael might wish that he’d gone home for breakfast, but it was the most entertaining breakfast we’ve had at our house in a while; and I can’t help but smile at the idea of having Michael as a sleepover cuddle buddy – even if that won’t happen anytime soon.

I was on the clean-up crew after breakfast, and Michael went home to hit the shower and get ready for our play day with Rowen and Tim.  Let’s not mention the invitations for him to stay and have his shower here – or the girl chat about him after he left.  I will mention that all of the girls generally agree that I’m a very lucky girl; he has at least one or two younger girls crushing on him; and two of my older friends joked that they’d try to steal him from me if it wasn’t for the fact that he was too-closely related to one of them; and too young for the other – at least for now.

That implied potential future change of heart was only meant to tease me; but I’m not worried anyway.  There are some advantages to being a Magi Master – even if the responsibilities are sometimes really tough.

Mom and Dad both got involved with giving rides home to all of the girls who didn’t live on our street; and they headed out with a van and truck load at about the same time that Michael and Tim came over to hang out with Rowen and me.  We were still busy for another fifteen minutes after they left before Rebecca, Anna-Marie, Jessica, Lindsay, and Sophia left and walked home – or home with her cousin in Lindsay’s case; but then we got started on that last homework assignment.  Ethan, Ehlana, and Naomi were still with us, so they played video games in the lounge while we worked; and then went to hang out with Mom and Dad after they got home again.

I’d already pre-researched a lot of what we needed, so we only needed to track down some current events news to add to our reports before writing them up.  That didn’t take long, and then we were free for the rest of the day.  Naomi was picked up while we were deciding what to do next, so we ended up taking Ethan and Ehlana for a walk to the park; mostly to give Mom and Dad a break after a busy morning with a house full of kids and teens.  I’ll skip over the bonus teasing that Naomi got from her mother; though I should mention that there was also a big smile and possibly an implied ‘that’s my girl!’ in there among the jokes and feigned astonishment.  It’s no wonder that Liz and Aunt Leanne get along so well.

We ended up hanging out around the park until nearly lunchtime, and then came back here to have what ended up being a pizza picnic lunch in the lounge with a big side dish of video gaming for the guys.  Since Dad had the day off, and his homework done; we spent a lot of the afternoon with him and Mom – and with Michael’s and Rowen’s parents too when we all ventured outdoors for some more fresh-air play time.  Michael and I were having dinner and spending the evening at his house; so Rowen and Tim moved on to her house when it was time to go to our various homes for dinner.  They were splitting their time between her house and his tonight; and I wasn’t surprised at their choice to eat with her parents and spend the evening with his.  Yes, Rowen and I did talk a little while ago, and yes; she got to have more alone time with her boyfriend tonight than I did with mine.

What we did instead was great, though; so I’m not complaining.  Dinner was as awesome as always; Michael and I did my guitar lesson and practiced for our upcoming duet; and we had a really nice chat with his parents and Rebecca before it was time for me to head home and get started on my usual school night routine.  I was home in time to do the bedtime snack and story with Ethan and Ehlana; Mom followed that up with a lengthy Healing lesson; and then I got started on my bedtime studies and computing – while having a nice long soak in my Jacuzzi.

I got through my archive homework while in the tub, and then took a break while doing my hair and getting ready for bed.  My self-imposed time limit for language study was an hour, but then I ended up spending an hour and a half after that on some family business work.  That wasn’t critical, but I did get into it; and just kept going until I’d finished working through the project and approving the multi-million dollar investment.  The details would probably just bore you, so I’ll just add that I’m very sure that I more than earned my salary today with that little blast of business fun – for about the next six months.

Maybe I should get Aunt Leanne to renegotiate my contract!  I’m just kidding, Mom. ;^)

Anyway, that’s about it for the action tonight.  I had more email from around the family; but nothing particularly newsworthy.  A short school and work week is always a good thing, and we’ll have some busy to go with it because Liz Seager’s birthday is on Thursday, and then Michael, Rowen, Tim, and I are all invited to Lisa’s birthday party on Friday.  Rowen and I are also probably going to do a sleepover at her house after the party, so with all of that, and game night at the Inn; we should have a couple of really fun days to end the week with.  We don’t have any major weekend plans; but I’d be okay with a quieter couple of days so that we can rest up for the month of busy weekends we’ll have after that – starting with the Super Bowl weekend when Mom and her friends will be away and having fun in California.

I’m ready for some down time now that the work high is wearing off; so that’s it for tonight; and I’m off to dreamland – where there’s a very good chance that Michael will be waiting for me in a very happy sleepover buddy kind of dream.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!