Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Cassie's Journal - January 2, 2014



This has mostly been a recovery day to recover from our New Year fun.  I’ve done some work too, including some chores around the house for Mom; another round of snow shoveling first thing this morning with Dad and Michael at our house and with Michael and Jake at their place; and a half-hour or so of family business work that needed to get done today.  I had the work done by lunchtime; and then Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I got together for a play afternoon.

Before getting to that, and while I’m thinking about Rowen; her father is particularly excited today because they’ve officially taken over the old Witch Falls Electric and Light store behind their computer store as of yesterday.  The renovations won’t start until next week; but he was already in there playing around and visualizing what his new data center is going to look like in just a couple of months.  I know that Rowen’s Mom is a bit nervous about the financing they’re doing while getting this new business up and running, but Mom will make sure that their data center is a success; and she doesn’t actually have anything to worry about – we just can’t tell her why.  Rowen’s glad that her father is so happy; but isn’t sure whether she’s going to like the extra work he may have her do to help out.  She likely has visions of scrubbing and cleaning; but I think it’s more likely that she’ll get to help out with building the servers and wiring the networks; so she probably doesn’t have any more to worry about that than her mother does for the finances.

Moving along, Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and I had lunch together before I went to meet up with Michael, Rowen, and Tim – in that order.  Mom vetoed the suggestion for taking Ethan and Ehlana with us for some tobogganing because of how cold it has been today, and judging by how light the kid traffic was on the usual sledding hills along the ridge; she wasn’t the only parent keeping younger kids indoors today.  Ethan and Ehlana were disappointed, but it really was cold out; and we only ended up playing on our sleds for about an hour before deciding to come back to my house for hot drinks, a snack, and some video game play that the twins could join us for.

We hung out in the lounge for a couple of hours, and then Rowen and Tim headed out when it was time for Michael and me to help Mom with making dinner for eight.  We were having Grandma and Grandpa over for dinner so that we could spend a couple of hours with them before they leave on their trip; and they’ll be doing another meal with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack tomorrow night.

Since we’d been having big, special meals for the past two days; our meal tonight was just spaghetti with salad and garlic bread sides.  That didn’t really take very long to make, and we had everything ready by the time Dad got home – shortly after Grandma and Grandpa joined us.  While travel talk was at the top of the chat list tonight; we covered everything from winter house checks to school, work, and fun plans for the next couple of months around here while Grandma and Grandpa are away.

Ethan and Ehlana were put in charge of entertaining our grandparents while Mom, Dad, Michael, and I cleaned up from dinner; and then we continued the chat time for another hour after dinner before Grandma and Grandpa headed home again.  Michael and I had some play time after that with Ethan and Ehlana that included a group Magi lesson with Mom while Dad got to work in the office.  There was enough time after our lesson for a bit more video gaming with Ehlana and me up against Michael and Ethan; and we did that until it was time to get the twins ready for bed.  Michael and I helped out with that; we did the snack and bedtime story in the office with Mom and Dad; and then Michael and I tucked Ethan and Ehlana in for the night before coming back up to the lounge so that we could not watch the end of another football game tonight – the Sugar Bowl between Alabama and Oklahoma.

I’ll skip over the details of our play time, and again be grateful for my photographic memory; but did want to mention that I finally got around to sharing that little holiday surprise I’d picked up just for Michael and me – and that might have had a lot to do with why Michael wasn’t very interested in watching the game.  ‘Little’ is definitely accurate, as is lacy, sheer, sexy, and hot.  For the parents out there reading this in the future, try to remember that I’m a twelve-year old (almost thirteen) with a doctorate-level education; and I can assure you that Michael doesn’t have a problem with how I feel about intimacy with my boyfriend.  I’ve also mentioned before that we have already discussed certain boundaries too; and being Magi-trained gives us the discipline to stay within those limits.  You trust your Magi kids with keeping that huge little secret and follow all of the rules – compared to that; it should be easy for you to trust us to make our own decisions about sex.

Michael didn’t head home until shortly after eleven-thirty; and we had a quick chat with Mom and Dad as they were packing up from their work evening in the office.  I hopped into my Jacuzzi after getting back up to my room; and have been multi-tasking my nightly computing while soaking in the tub.  That was an option because Mom was going with a bedtime Jacuzzi session too; but let’s not think about what she and Dad might be doing one floor below me – or if you are going to use your imagination for that; don’t tell me about it whenever you do read this in my future.

While I’m still taking a break from my language and archive studies, I did some family business work tonight; took the time for the full news, sports, and entertainment check; and only needed a minute for email thanks to a near-empty inbox.  There isn’t really anything newsworthy to write about from any of that, and I guess that’s really pretty much all the news I have for today; so it’s time to wrap this up and for me to get out of the tub and ready for bed.  We mostly have another play day tomorrow, and while we didn’t make any definite plans for the day, we’re having dinner at Tim’s house and spending the evening there; and then I’m doing a sleepover at Rowen’s house.  After lots of family gatherings, we’re not doing the dinner and a movie night tomorrow, but Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana don’t have decided what they’re doing yet.  If the twins do sleepovers too, Mom and Dad could either end up with a kid-free night or four toddlers at our house.

I’ll pick option two for that because Mom probably won’t let Liz or Hannah take on extra kids overnight when they’ll still be busy at the salon and bakery during the last weekend of the Christmas break.  I’d suggest that Rowen and I should do our sleepover at my house too so we can help out, but we’re overdue for one at her place; and Patricia mentioned that to us yesterday so we better stick with the current plan.

Okay, that really is it, and I’m ready to crash and nap soon, so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!