Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Cassie's Journal - January 31, 2014



I wouldn’t say that I’m completely used to being apart from Mom yet, and I still kept a close eye on our connection while she was travelling today; but it is getting easier to handle her going on trips.

The early wake-up call combined with a long day and late night has pretty much worn me out now, but Uncle Adam and Uncle Mark had a busy day at the clinic; so I’m helping out with Zack tonight while Uncle Adam is catching up on his sleep.  I’ll guess that he’s tired out for the same reason Dad is tonight; but let’s not write about why they’re in that condition.  While I didn’t see all of the men who are weekend bachelors while their wives are away, Uncle Nick was a bit off of his game at school today, and Rowen’s father looked both happy and tired when I stopped in there to give Patricia her birthday gift, hugs, and kisses while Mom was picking her up; so I don’t think a survey will be required to determine that all of the couples involved in this weekend adventure apart were not just sleeping when they went to bed last night.

Maybe I should check back on that again – in about nine months! ;^)

Or not.

Happy Birthday, Patricia!

While I didn’t get to say goodbye to all of the women this morning, I did bundle up and go with Mom so that I could do the birthday thing with Rowen’s mother and say goodbye to Aunt Leanne and Miranda.  I brought Michael home with me after Mom’s stop at his house on her way through to pick up her last two passengers; and the early start for our Tai Chi gave us enough time for Michael to stay and have breakfast with us before going home to get ready for school and his weight training session with Tim and the other guys.

I also had extra time to help Dad with Ethan and Ehlana; so they were ready to go to KidZone before I met up with Rowen and we headed to school.  Football, parties, and weekend shopping plans for quite a few of the girls were pretty much the only chat topics at school today; and quite a few of the teachers just went with the flow and incorporated sports into their lessons – whether that was in one of the core subjects; or games of ‘arena’ football in the gym.

With his mother away for the weekend, Michael’s usual Friday night off was voluntarily cancelled so that he could help out at the Inn; though he came with me to KidZone first and helped with getting Ethan, Ehlana, and their gear back to our house first.  He stayed for our after-school and daycare snack; and then headed for the Inn while I took care of the twins and started working on dinner for five – or six if you include Zack.  He spent most of the day with his great-grandparents and Carrington grandparents; and Uncle Adam picked him up after work on his way to our house.

Uncle Mark, Uncle Nick, and Leah had invitations to dinner tonight too; but they already had other plans by the time Dad made the offer; though most of the temporarily single guys do have plans to go out to the pub tomorrow night for a while.  Since Uncle Adam was already worn out by the time he and Zack got to our house; I’m sure that he was glad to have a quiet dinner and evening – and the meal already cooked and on the table.

I’m not ever going to be in any danger of being promoted to head chef at the Inn; but I can shake and bake chicken; throw some veggie sides together; and warm up a fresh, Olde Bakery pie.  Dad helped out with the tail end of the work after he got home; but then he was running a bit behind too because he and Claire had some month-end rentals and a house closing that kept them busy all afternoon.

The good news with that blast of work for me was that I wasn’t on the clean-up crew.  That would have been really great, except it ended up being tougher taking care of Zack – and definitely dirtier and smellier!

Since Ehlana and I were out-numbered tonight, the guys picked the movie; though we didn’t mind watching Planes and cuddling with four of our favorite boys.  Michael came over in time to catch the post-movie snack and bedtime story; and then he went with me when I was ready to go home with Uncle Adam and Zack.  While it wasn’t all that late yet, Uncle Adam was okay with leaving Michael and I to take care of Zack; and we did that in the living room until Michael decided to head home at eleven-thirty.

That didn’t exactly allow for anything more than some quality cuddling and the occasional kiss while we had Zack with us; but it was still nice to have the almost-alone time together.  Michael’s need to head home was coincidentally timed perfectly with Zack’s need for a diaper change and feeding; so our goodbye hug and kisses were short; accompanied by Zack’s fussing and a fragrance that wasn’t at all romantic.

The diaper change wasn’t fun, but I really have enjoyed getting to spend the bonus time with my little cousin; and we’ve had fun tonight – especially when he’s wanted to cuddle and chat telepathically with me in between his naps.  I’ve done some extra work and studying on my computer during those naps, but plan on going to sleep too once I’ve dealt with the last feeding he’ll need before morning.  His timing is off a bit tonight; but that’ll just mean Uncle Adam won’t need to get up at five-thirty or six to give him his next bottle.

I don’t really have anything else for tonight, so I’ll wrap this up and do a little random surfing while waiting for Zack to let me know he’s ready for that feeding – and yet one more diaper change.  Maybe I’ll get lucky and he’ll save the next dirty diaper for sometime in the morning!

Then again, he’s developing quite the little sense of humor; so I wouldn’t count out the possibility that he’s doing that on purpose just because he finds my reaction entertaining.  I know, he’s just a baby, but as I’ve mentioned before; Zack’s well-ahead of the curve on the development chart, so my suggestion is actually quite possible.

That’s a weird note to end a journal entry on, but that’s life sometimes too, so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!