Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Cassie's Journal - February 14, 2014



Happy Valentine’s Day!

There’s been so much happening today, let’s just start from the beginning and I’ll try not to miss too much of the action.

Michael and I put a little extra effort into our good morning embrace before Tai Chi; so our day started off great!  Having him stay for breakfast; exchanging gifts; and then spending some extra time with Mom and Ehlana while the three of us got appropriately beautiful for our favorite guys was all awesome too.  I won’t bother detailing all of the gifts we exchanged, but I can assure you that we were all very happy; and the guys did a great job with their Valentine gift choices.

They also obviously talked to each other about that too.  For instance, Dad gave roses to Mom, Ehlana, and me at breakfast, and then Michael sent roses to me at school – which Dad has done every year before now.  I hope he understands why I needed to keep all of Michael’s roses this year instead of sharing some like Rowen and I have before; but I just couldn’t part with any of them – even though there were a few girls who didn’t have any sent to them when the flower deliveries were dropped off in each classroom.

This is probably a good place to mention that Rebecca had a pair of surprises this morning – a secret admirer Valentine’s Day gift on her desk in home room; and a flower delivery that was in addition to the one sent by her father and brothers.  She may not be in any hurry to date anyone right now, but she loved the gifts, and her secret admirer picked out something really special – replacing a necklace that she’d loved a lot but had broken a while ago.

Yes, I do know who, and no, I won’t tell you even though you’re reading this in our future; and may know who he is too.  That probably seems strange to you, but sometimes it’s nice to just write and think about the now instead of being stuck in the future – like I am a lot of times with my family business and future plans work.

Most of the teens in our class were happy campers today with only a few exceptions.  I don’t want to dwell on that when it’s been such an amazing day for me; but there were disappointed girls as I knew there would be; and some guys who are in the doghouse tonight.  That problem certainly wasn’t exclusive to the Grade Eight class, but since Michael and I didn’t spend much time at the dance tonight; we didn’t even hear much about most of the drama going on today.

Tim probably followed Michael’s lead for his Valentine’s Day plans with Rowen, and while they both sent us roses; their special picnic lunch was obviously put together for us by Jacob – and Nathan at the Olde Bakery.  That was an awesome surprise and we were even on our own for most of our lunch break because they set up our picnic in our home room class instead of doing that in the cafeteria.  That was almost as much for the other kids and teens as for us, since we definitely had the best meal by far; and it just wouldn’t have been nice to eat all of that amazing food while nearby students were stuck with the usual lunch bag standards.

We didn’t actually get much done in class this morning; and Michael, Rowen, and I were gone all afternoon with the band.  As soon as we were finished having lunch, we headed for the music room and started helping with hauling gear over to the church and getting set up.  Michael had his guitar and saxophone with him, but I didn’t need to haul my keyboard around because the church has an electric piano in the reception hall.

The Seniors’ Valentine’s Day party and dance was one of my very favorite parts of the day; and every kid and teen in Witch Falls should feel blessed that we live in a town where love and commitment really means something.  That’s obvious when so many of the seniors were at the party with life-long partners; and enjoying spending time with friends they’d known since early childhood.  Michael and I loved playing the old songs with the band; but our duet was just as awesome and amazing for us as our Christmas concert music had been.  While we did the Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole version of Unforgettable; I think that the best compliment we were given was that we sounded just like the great singers of that era.  Making the ladies cry was a close second; and Michael and I both earned a lot of hugs – including some from his own grandparents.

While we wouldn’t dream of claiming to sound this good; I think we at least did the song justice.  Here’s a YouTube link for anyone in the future who might not have heard the old classic before.



We were late getting out of school today, but that was only because Michael, Rowen, and I helped with getting our instruments and all of the band gear back to the school after the party was over.  Tim helped too after last class, but when we were finished that; he and Rowen headed over to the computer store when Michael and I needed to get to the Inn after dropping our gear off at our houses.

Okay, we might have spent a few minutes making out at his house before getting to the Inn; but it really was only a few minutes – and it is Valentine’s Day.

Valentine’s Day meals at the Inn are always very busy, but having it on a Friday meant being sold out for two sittings and more than a few disappointed customers who couldn’t get tickets for the best meal in town.  The early meal mostly had teen couples and families attending; while the late sitting was almost exclusively adult couples – and most of them were having dinner at the Inn before going on to the party at Sheldon’s.

Michael, Rebecca, and I basically missed all of the action in the dining room because we were very busy in the kitchen – as was everyone else as we tried to keep up with the workload.  We only took a short break for a snack meal; though Rebecca stopped for a longer meal break when Michael and I were set free after the dessert trays went out as the second sitting wound down.  Miranda and some of the other servers kept us updated on any major news stories – like who was there with whom; and best gifts of the day.  I loved every minute that I spent at the Inn tonight, but the highlight was Rebecca and I both got a little gift from Miranda and Jacob.

I am so going to keep Michael – and his family!

We’re up to the Valentine’s Day dance at the school part of the report, and though we had fun; it might have been easier tonight if we’d just skipped that hour or so of action.  There wasn’t time to hit the showers and get dressed up more than we already were; so we only freshened up a bit at the Inn before walking over to the school; and we were definitely dressed down compared to most of the teens at the dance.

I did like getting to spend some of that time with Rowen and Tim, and they were having a great time at the dance; splitting their time between sitting and chatting with our classmates during dance breaks and getting to hang out with Kyle and the other football guys and their girlfriends.  Those older guys are letting Tim – and Michael – hang out with them more often now that he’s doing the daily weight training with them; but he’s still tolerated mostly because he’s Kyle’s ‘little’ cousin.

Then again, every guy at school is little compared to Kyle.  It’s just more obvious with a pair of Grade Eight teens.

Anyway, Michael and I spent about half of our hour there on the dance floor; and the rest of the time with Rowen, Tim, and some of our other friends.  We needed to be home by ten so that we could take over babysitting duties from Mom and Dad, so we left the dance by a quarter to ten; and they were already dressed up and ready to go by the time we got there.  They only stayed long enough for the hand-off; and then Michael and I took Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden up to the lounge after doing the goodnight hugs and kisses with Mom and Dad on their way outside.

While our three boys gave us our choice of entertainment, and it was tempting to pick an appropriately gooey chick flick for the occasion; Ehlana, Naomi, and I opted for a half-hour or so of video gaming for the guys followed by a kid-appropriate action-comedy movie.  Lots of cuddling was involved – including among two sets of junior couples.  I knew about Ethan’s Valentine’s Day plans for Naomi, but it was fun hearing about it from her – and Ehlana – while Michael, Ethan, and Aiden were playing their games.  I wasn’t surprised to find out that Aiden had given Olde Bakery Valentine’s gifts to his three best friends, but he had a special little gift for Ehlana too; which definitely made her day.

Michael and I both thought that it was very cute having Ethan and Naomi cuddled together and with me on my side of us; and Ehlana and Aiden on his side.  Our play time alone after we put them to bed for the night was by far my favorite part of the day; but I also really loved getting to have that two and a half hours or so with my sister, brother, and their best friends too.

The four younger kids were tucked in for the night by a bit after twelve-thirty, and thanks to it being Friday night; Mom and Dad were able to stay out late with their friends without having to worry about getting up early for work or church.  Michael and I were very happy with that late-night plan too; since we ended up with more than an hour and a half of play time that was hotter than anything we’ve managed to have time for since the Christmas holidays.

While getting dressed up for the dance hadn’t been an option tonight; changing into something more comfortable – and hotter – for Michael was possible; though I wasn’t wearing the nightdress or lingerie for quite a bit of that hour and a half.  Getting undressed again was certainly way more fun, and while we definitely don’t get as much practice at that as we’d both like; we are getting better and more confident in our play time.

Hopefully that doesn’t scare the parents reading this in the future, but are there really very many Magi who haven’t seen someone of the opposite sex naked by the time they’re thirteen and done at least a little bit of exploring of their sexuality?  I was definitely behind the curve on that compared to most of the girls in my grade; though Rowen and I are both catching up fast – a fact that I’m sure Michael and Tim both appreciate a lot!

I haven’t heard from Rowen tonight, and she was likely sleeping before Michael and I split up and he went to bed in his room on the second floor after we finished saying goodnight to Mom and dad; but I’m sure we’ll have lots to talk about tomorrow.  She and Tim were going to have some alone time tonight after the dance too – at his house while his parents were at Sheldon’s.  She’s certainly getting over being shy in private with Tim; and he’s discovering that there’s some fire in Rowen that has nothing to do with her hair color that is very different than her shyness in public.

Okay, that’s probably more information than I need to write in my journal about my best friend; and the point is only that I’m really glad that she’s so happy now.

I don’t really need to add any more details about what Michael and I were doing tonight either; and there really isn’t much else to add.

We were fully dressed and cuddling in the lounge while watching the end of the movie we didn’t really catch the start or middle of when Mom and Dad got home; and we went downstairs to have a quick visit with them and wash up our snack bowls and glasses while we got the pub party report.  They had fun with their friends – including with Miranda and Jacob when they joined the action after the Inn closed.  Since his parents had been out anyway, going home could have been an option for Michael, but he’d decided earlier today to just stay overnight with us so we could do Tai Chi and breakfast whenever we all decided to get up in the morning.  Mom and Dad were more tired than we were, so we only heard about a couple of the best pub stories and they got our update without the alone time recap before we all came up to our rooms for the night.

Michael’s in the room below the lounge; and he might have decided that specifically to give Mom and Dad some space.  I’m not going to even think about what my parents may be doing to wrap up their Valentine’s Day fun; though I’ll probably have a few dreams about what it would be like to have Michael with me in my bed all night instead of in another room and one floor away.

Once I was in bed with Mandy, I started doing my usual nightly computer checks; but there weren’t any email from anyone in the family tonight.  I’m sure they all had better things to do tonight than sit around writing e-letters to me; but there will hopefully be some extended email updates in my inbox by Sunday night.  I really hope that all of my favorite collegians and cousins are having a very happy weekend with their favorite boys or girls.

I’m not doing any work or studying, and I want to get some sleep in case Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden decide to get up early, so that’s it for tonight; and I hope you’re having as much fun as I’ve had – regardless of what day of the year you’re reading this in the future.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!