Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Cassie's Journal - February 10, 2014



If you ever feel the need for a seriously boring diversion from any holiday-themed anything; I’ve got some archive recommendations for you that will not only do that, but also induce a deep need for sleep.

I wasn’t looking for that kind of diversion tonight, but got it anyway as part of my Magi lesson assignments.  While all of the archives are immeasurably important and invaluable, and learning everything about our talents and how they’ve developed and been studied over the millennia helps us to understand and use our Magi gifts; the ancient research can sometimes be far outdated due to the advances is knowledge and technology.  In this particular case, the ancient understanding of a healing technique covered in a decades-long study by a single Magi Master was not only incredibly tedious to read; but is also easily understood by anyone with basic understanding of modern genetics and medicine today without need for the trial-and-error experiments and endless theories put forward to explain the new-at-the-time healing techniques.

That’s gotten way off topic, so let’s get back to the daily journal news.

After a couple of fairly busy mornings, it was nice getting back to normal today.  Michael came over for Tai Chi before going home to eat and get ready for his morning weight training; I was actually ready for a light, easy breakfast; and I even had time for some hair play action with Ehlana before meeting up with Rowen at her house when we needed to get to school.  As expected, the only news at school that mattered to most of the girls had to be Valentine’s Day-related.  There really isn’t anything new going on with any of that ongoing gossip; so I won’t bore you with the details.

The best part of my day started after school with our study session at my house.  That included a little gaming fun with Ethan and Ehlana; and our themed homework assignments seem to be a lot more fun this year for Rowen and me thanks to Tim and Michael.  Going sledding then had been an option too; but we decided to stay warm instead.  Rowen and Tim headed out when it was time for Michael and I to go over to his house for dinner; though they didn’t have plans to hang out together tonight and were just walking to the shop and computer store together before splitting up.

Rowen had fun tonight without Tim because she was working with her Dad in the new data center, but while that’s exciting for them as the project comes together and they’re less than three weeks away from opening now; I’ll guess that Michael and I had a better night with our family dinner; music play time; the girl chat I had with Rebecca; and a long visit with his parents for the hour or so before I went home.  At dinnertime, we worked out some more details for our collective Valentine’s Day plans on Friday; so let’s go over that next.

Michael and Rebecca need to be at the Inn for what’s going to be the busiest night of the month; so I’m going to help out too.  Rebecca is helping out with the dance set-up at school too, but isn’t going to this one because she’s working at the Inn and then helping out with babysitting duties for her younger Bassett cousins – the second job because a lot of the usual babysitters in town will be at the school dance while a lot of parents will be out for dinner at the Inn and the follow-up party at Sheldon’s Pub.  After talking about it with Mom and Dad tonight, the full plan for Michael and I on Friday is that we’re going to work the dinner shift at the Inn; go to the school dance for an hour or so; and then babysit at my house so that Mom and Dad can go to Sheldons’ after having dinner with the twins – either at home or at the Inn.  We may babysit Naomi and Aiden too; but Mom won’t make that offer until tomorrow sometime.

I wonder if it’d be pushing things to have Michael stay here Friday night too if the twins are having their best friends do a sleepover?  Probably, but I’m sure we’d have fun if he did!

That’ll be a nice thought to head off to dreamland with; but let’s wrap this up before I go there.

After having dinner and cleaning up the kitchen, Michael and I had a long music practice.  We practiced our duet for Friday; had a guitar lesson with my new guitar; and finished up our alone time in his room with a minor and too-short make-out session.  I stopped in for a visit with Rebecca in her room, and we mostly talked about Valentine’s Day and the lack of related action for that in her life right now.

Rebecca is really only a little sad about that, and isn’t interested in any particular guys right now anyway; so she’s glad to have the work and babysitting distractions so that she has an excuse not to be one of the volunteers working the dance – or having any of the few single guys around our ages trying to make a love connection with her that she doesn’t want.  Since Rowen and I were glad to have my quiet little birthday party as an excuse to skip the Valentine’s Day dance at school last year; I can relate to her feelings even while I’m also very happy to be sharing Valentine’s Day with Michael this year.  She may not have her own personal valentine this year, but I’m sure that Rebecca’s favorite boys will make sure that she knows how much they love her – which is another reason why I love her father and brothers quite a lot too.

Our evening wind down time with Miranda and Jacob was quietly entertaining.  We actually managed to not talk about work or Valentine’s Day at all; and instead had fun doing a little future dreaming for ourselves.  That started with a college update for Jake and Stephanie, and led to discussing Inn expansion dreams.  College for Rebecca, Michael, and I came up too; and I got the chance to drop a few hints for Rebecca to think about along with talking about my own plans to go to college to become an interpreter and translator.  Miranda and Michael obviously know more about that than Jacob and Rebecca can; but they’re very supportive anyway – even though my choice probably seems very strange for a small town kid who also has no intention of moving away from home when I grow up.

World travel will be an option, though; and I’m going to really love getting to do that some day.  That’s getting close to being too much information for this point in my journals; so let’s move along.

The rest of my night after getting home was fairly standard except for the bonus planning for Valentine’s Day.  Ethan and Ehlana were studying late again, so Mom did my Magi lesson before we did the bedtime and bath routine with them.  It was heading toward eleven-thirty by the time I came up to my room and got started on my studies and work, and though I briefly tossed around the idea of having an early bedtime to catch up on some sleep; I decided to just push a bit harder now so that I can take the end of the week and weekend off instead.

That’s why it’s past two-thirty and I’m just getting ready to call it a night now.  One more late night and a full work evening on Wednesday might be enough to finish everything I have on my plate this week for my studies and work, but we’ll see how that goes; and there’s always more work to do if I get bored.  I don’t have any major news from anything I’ve been working on over the past three hours or so, though, so I guess that’s it and time for me to go into nap mode.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!