Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Cassie's Journal - February 7, 2014



This feels strange writing back-to-back reports, and it was definitely a more interesting day today; but I also need to get some sleep too because I’ve been advised that my birthday surprise is going to start early – like in about four hours kind of early.

Michael, Rowen, Tim, and some of our other friends had some birthday surprises for me today too; including a special lunch; some gifts; and a bit of birthday roasting here and there throughout the school day.  All of that helped to keep all of us entertained; though we actually had a fairly busy class schedule too with two tests and one major project wrap-up that included the first round of oral presentations.  While none of that stressed me at all, some of our classmates were having a tough day.  I’d advise them to lighten up, but then it isn’t as though any of those particular friends would believe me if I suggested that everything in Grade Eight is a breeze compared to presenting Masters’ theses to my Mom or putting together business deals worth tens or hundreds of millions of dollars.

We skipped our after-school studying in favor of some tobogganing with the twins; and then Michael and I took Ethan and Ehlana to Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace’s house for our dinner and a movie night while Rowen and Tim had other plans for tonight that included dinner with his parents and what Rowen hoped would be some alone time for them without parental supervision.

I would have liked to spend the rest of the evening with them – or alone with Michael; but spending the evening with my family was fun too, and there were yet a few more early birthday surprises from my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  I got mildly roasted again during dinner and teased a bit about how this time of year could end up being one of my favorites now that I have a boyfriend with my birthday and Valentine’s Day just six days apart.  That probably will work out better for me than kids with Christmastime birthdays, but while I like getting gifts as much as the next girl; I’ll be happy just because of the extra family and friends time I’ll get to have every year.

Moving along, dinner was potluck; my impending birthday earned Michael and I get-out-of-cleanup cards; and we played with Ethan, Ehlana, Leah, and Zack between when we finished demolishing a small birthday cake and ice cream and when the movie was cued up in the living room.  The movie was toddler-rated and animated; and Michael and I cuddled on the floor with Ethan and Ehlana while the parents mostly chatted quietly and only half-watched Alvin lead Theodore, Simon, and the Chipettes in and out of the usual series of messes before saving the day.

Uncle Mark, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Deborah had all been running late at the clinic, so it was nearly ten o’clock by the time the movie ended; and past ten-thirty by the time we headed for home.  Mom had brought the van for that because it’s a long walk around to our house when the snow makes it too inconvenient to walk through the back yards.  Michael came inside with me and helped with getting Ethan and Ehlana into bed, but then he went home too because of the early start we’ll be having in the morning.  I’m sure he knows what’s going on; but he didn’t give me any more hints about it than anyone else did tonight.  The few I did get were enough for me to know that we are going to be in for a really great day; so the details aren’t really important – and I will know soon enough anyway.

That does remind me that I really do need to get what sleep I can, though, so let’s wrap this up.  Michael was on his way home by shortly before eleven-thirty; I hopped into the Jacuzzi for a soak; and ended up doing some multi-tasking work on my computer while winding down.  I’m tucked into bed with Mandy now, but finished what I’d been working on while in the tub instead of leaving it until Sunday night; which is why it’s closing in on one o’clock now and I should have been sleeping a while ago.  The good news is that napping may be an option while we’re on the road to wherever, but since I’m also ready to crash now and snooze while I can; that’s all I have for tonight, and I’m out of here.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!