Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, February 10, 2014

Cassie's Journal - February 9, 2014



It still feels strange doing back-to-back reports tonight, and though the fun level was down quite a bit compared to yesterday; I still had a really great day – and a couple of delayed birthday gifts too.

Morning came way too early, but Tai Chi was really fun with just Mom, Dad, Michael, and me; and giving Michael his wake-up call in his room was very entertaining too.

Not too entertaining, Dad – I promise!

With eight teens sharing three bathrooms this morning we were fairly busy juggling that with cooking, eating breakfast, and cleaning up afterward.  Ethan and Ehlana needed to be picked up before church too, so Michael and I got a ride to church with his parents and sister; Rowen and Tim went with her parents, brother, and Scott; and Dad was able to give Sally, Joshua, Gretchen, and Elliott a ride while Mom took the van to get the twins from the Seagers and Drapers.

Our snowboarding trip was the top story with our friends at church; though there weren’t really very many other teens wishing they’d been along for the fun.  I suppose that would be different if we lived closer to a ski hill, but it was a perfect choice for me; and I’m glad we got to go to Blue Ridge a second time this year.  I don’t think there was any particular reason for one of those extra-long services today other than Pastor John was on a roll; but the late release from Sunday school meant that Michael needed to hurry to the Inn with his parents and everyone else who was working the lunch rush; so I was with Rowen and Tim for a while during the post-service meet and greet.

Ethan, Ehlana, and I were on our own with Mom and Dad when we went home, and after having lunch; the three of us spent the rest of the afternoon together while Mom and Dad caught up on work in the office and around the house.  I helped out with some of the clean-up and laundry too; but mostly split my time between playing with Ethan and Ehlana and doing my homework with Michael when he joined us during his afternoon break.

I went to the Inn with him after that to help out with the buffets; and stayed until the second wave of food went out for the last buffet.  Miranda, Jacob, and Rebecca had a pair of gifts for me then too, and a trio of birthday cupcakes for Michael, Rebecca, and me during our short dinner break; and my minor birthday roasting helped to entertain everyone in the kitchen tonight.  While Michael and Rebecca stayed when I was ready to leave; I really needed to get an early start on my usual Sunday night studies and work – starting with my Magi lesson with Mom.

She did that with me before we did the bath and bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana because they were doing some studying for their college courses and wanted to work a bit longer than usual before calling it a night.  While coming home early helped with that; it still meant that it was going on eleven o’clock by the time I came up to my room and got started on my own bedtime studies and work.  I put a two o’clock time limit on that, and managed to get everything on my list done by then except for one minor family business job that can wait until tomorrow night.

There isn’t anything of particular interest to report from the studies or work; and even my weekly college updates didn’t have any major news – though I’m sure that’ll be different next weekend!  There’s only one big item on the week ahead list, and that’s Valentine’s Day.  Love will be in the air every day at school for the next five days; and even the work should be more fun in the lead-up to the big events on Friday.  Michael and I need to put some extra time into our music to get ready for the Seniors’ party and dance on Friday afternoon; but other than that, we don’t have much else on the go.

That’s probably a good thing for tomorrow because I’ll be running on only a bit more than a handful of hours of sleep time in two days now.  I’ll use a little Magi-powered self-healing if needed in the morning, but I’m still fairly fired up from all of the fun this weekend; so that shouldn’t be a problem this time.

I am ready to get what sleep I can now, though, so until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!