Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Cassie's Journal - February 16, 2014



After a pair of fairly busy mornings, it was nice to have a quiet start to our Sunday; and that pretty much describes most of my day.

Michael came over for Tai Chi, but then he went home to have breakfast with his parents and Rebecca while I was busy helping Mom and Dad with the work in our kitchen and getting the twins ready for church.  While there was a themed service and Sunday school lessons today that was all fun for us; I’ll be honest and suggest that the Valentine’s Day gossip was given more attention by most of the teen girls than anything we were taught today.

It’s also at least a little bit funny that Rowen and I were on the outside of those chats because we’d never dated at all let alone at Valentine’s Day; and now we’re still on the fringe because we don’t have any good gossip to tell about our weekend fun with the boys.  Then again, that’s because we’re not talking about the best parts at all; or we would definitely be getting some attention!  Yes, I write about some of that here in my journal, but this will only be read by adults in the future; and the purpose of including information about my personal life isn’t to pass on spicy gossip for the entertainment of my friends.

Moving along, there was enough time after church for Michael and I to do a little socializing before I walked with him to the Inn on my way home.  Mom and I put together a quick lunch; sent Dad off to the office to get started on the rest of his homework; and then did some cleaning and laundry before she joined him there and I took Ethan and Ehlana up to my room to hang out there for the afternoon.  Rowen and Tim came over early and joined in for the fun while we waited for Michael to join us during his afternoon break, and then once he arrived; we took care of our homework assignments while the twins watched cartoons.

I almost changed my mind about helping out at the Inn tonight when it was time for Michael to get back there to help out with the buffet rush; but managed to stick with my plans for a quiet evening and settled for a long goodbye hug and kisses before sending him on his way.  Rowen and Tim had stayed and played some video games with Ethan and Ehlana while I was busy with that, and then they headed over to her house for a Sunday night dinner with both sets of their parents.

There’s enough of an age difference between Rowen’s parents and Tim’s that they weren’t friends as kids or teens; but they do have businesses that are basically across the road from each other; and have become pretty good friends in the years since Rowen’s parents took over running the computer store from his mother.  I’m sure that’ll change again now just as it is with my parents and Michael’s; and I hope that’ll be as much fun for all of them as it has been for all of us.

Once my friends were gone, I helped Mom with making dinner; Dad took a break for that; and then we all spent some time in the office with him.  Mom and I did some family business work; and the twins worked on their college homework.  This is probably a good time for an update for that; though you’re welcome to hop over to their education archive if you want all of the details.

Though they’re just weeks into their college education, Ethan and Ehlana are blasting through the material.  They have a fairly advance set of lab equipment and supplies that’s mostly for Ehlana; though Ethan’s taking enough sciences that he’ll be able to help her in the lab when needed once it opens in September.  That’s actually part of their education plan; since Ehlana will need access to all of that equipment as she continues her education; and it’d be a bit tough to hide that kind of gear here at home like we can now with just a couple of cases and in a pair of storage cupboards that are ironically locked up to protect the toddlers in the house.

Ehlana’s studies are more obvious when she is working because of the lab equipment she sets up on the table in the office, and she’s more overtly enthusiastic; but it can be fascinating to watch Ethan work on his iPad or computer.  I’ve mentioned before that his reading abilities are much better than what Mom, Ehlana, and I can do, and seeing him in action with that gives us an idea of how our own abilities would look if we were watched by ‘normal’ people.  That talent is why he’s able to take the science courses with Ehlana in addition to his own work; and he’s also enhancing his history studies by reading everything he can find in the archives from each time period in history he’s learning about.

I haven’t directly mentioned that in this journal before, but that is something he and I both appreciate about our archives – all of the historical knowledge within them that has been lost to most of humanity.  Mom and I still feel blessed to know that we’re not the last of the Magi of the Light as we had thought we were before coming to Witch Falls, but even with those connections now; it’s still hard to imagine those past times when Magi moved freely throughout the world.  We’re certainly thankful to all of those Magi who managed to save as much history and wisdom as they could.

Getting back to the point, Ethan and Ehlana are on-track to finish the first semester of their freshman year by the end of March; and will likely write their final exams the week after March Break.  That’ll give them almost three months after that to finish up their first year by the end of June; and then they’ll start their second year in September – when they’ll be able to use the lab for the science classes.  They still have details to work out for doing that when there will be non-Magi working at the lab too; but I’m sure they’ll have everything ready by then.

I did my family business work and most of my studying in the office tonight – including my Magi lesson with Mom.  We put the twins to bed at a bit after ten – once Dad was finished and ready for his week in the city; and we were all ready to head to bed.  No, Mom and Dad weren’t going to bed because they were sleepy; but let’s not go there.  It didn’t take me long to get ready for bed and cuddled with Mandy; and then I finished the bit of studying I had left to get done before moving on to my usual bedtime computer checks.

Grandma and Grandpa had an amazing weekend in Italy; and they’ll be continuing the fun this week with just a couple of business-related jobs to do around what’s mostly going to be two vacation weeks before they’ll be home again on the first Sunday in March.  Jake and Stephanie win the best weekend award for my favorite college couples; though that’s partly deduced because of how much information wasn’t in Stephanie’s report.  They went out for a couple of good meals and an off-Broadway show during the two nights they spent together at a hotel; but there were also a lot of hours in the weekend that she didn’t even try to account for in her email.  Violet and Christina had similar gaps in their weekend reports, but they also stayed on their respective campuses; and weren’t doing sleepovers – or at least they weren’t admitting to it if they did.

I had a pair of text-chats with Michael and Rowen tonight too, so they brought me up to speed on the latest news from Rowen’s family dinner and all of the buffet action at the Inn.  They’re both sleeping by now, and I’m ready to go there now too so I’ll be ready for the early wake-up call to see Dad off on his way to Crystal Springs.  While it will be a bit busier around here while Dad’s away; we also don’t have all that much on the go for extra work or play time.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I have a birthday party to attend on Wednesday for Kris – the last in our grade to turn thirteen; and the Maple Valley winter festival is this weekend.  We’ll be going to that too; though we haven’t really worked out the details yet.  The rest of the week is pretty much open; and Michael and I haven’t even decided whether we’re doing dinner at his house tomorrow night or hanging out at my house and helping Mom with the twins.

We can decide that tomorrow.  I’m ready to sleep right now, and don’t have anything else to write about anyway; so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!