Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cassie's Journal - February 3, 2014



Mom, my aunts, and their friends had a great weekend; and Rowen and I are definitely going to need to do things like that when we grow up!

A Spa visit; some exclusive shopping; amazing meals; and some beach and pool time were some of the highlights but for major details you might want to mosey on over to Aunt Leanne’s journal since her version is probably most graphic and interesting – if you’re not a kid.  I’m sure that it was very flattering to get hit on several times in the land of beautiful people, and the husbands involved are secure enough to handle that news; but I have no intention of spending any time thinking or writing about the hotness factor for my Mom, Aunts, or the other women on the trip.

Most of the weekend stories I’ve heard so far came from Mom and Miranda because Michael and I got to have both of our families together for dinner at his house – mostly so that both of our Moms could have that time with us tonight.  I’ll get to that in a minute; but let’s back up to the early-morning homecoming and go from there.

Mom got home shortly after three, and while Ethan and Ehlana gave Dad a wake-up call; they’d come to life as soon as she’d gotten close to town.  She was exhausted by then, but we still had a little snack and drinks break and a micro-update before going up – or back – to bed for the nap time that was all we had left before we needed to be up and getting ready for another work and school day.  I’m sure that nine out of the ten women who were on that trip were tired out this morning, but Mom was the exception after I helped her out with a little Magi-powered pep hug.  Yes, she could have self-healed; but it was more fun my way!

Morning Tai Chi and breakfast were more fun too; and we traded more weekend stories with Mom whenever we weren’t running around and taking turns getting ready for the day.  That didn’t keep me from being ready to go early; and I even managed to meet up with Rowen and her house before we headed to school.  Patricia was definitely still tired out from the long play and travel day; but Owen’s solution for that had just been to send her back to bed so she could sleep until noon while he worked the store on his own.

The Super Bowl post-mortem was the hot topic with the guys today, but the girls were in full Valentine mode now that the big day is a week from Friday.  I’ll skip everything football-related from today – except to mention that Michael, Tim, and the other guys had Lucas join their morning weight training group today.  He’s arranged for a ride in the mornings, and from what Michael and Tim told Rowen and me; the extra time he needs to do that is coming from a combination of getting up early and the time he won’t be spending on the bus each morning.  I’d comment on that, but since his work ethic really just resembles Michael and me; let’s not analyze that too closely.

This is going to be my first Valentine’s Day with a boyfriend, so I don’t want to write anything that I may regret or change my mind about in a couple of weeks; but even in our little school things get a bit nutty and occasionally way too serious.  Sure, there’s tween and teen drama year-round; but it seems to go into hyper-drive in February.  I wonder if it would be as weird if Valentine’s Day was in the summer.  Maybe I’ll ask some of my southern hemisphere chat buddies about that; since it is summertime there.  I don’t ever want to be away from home at Christmastime, but Valentine’s Day in the tropics some day would be fun.  I’ll talk to Michael about that sometime in the future – when we wouldn’t need chaperones to do something like that. ;^)

That went off-track a bit, so let’s get back to the recap.  While the girls and guys were often off on separate lines of thought and talk; the Valentine’s Day theme began creeping into the lesson plans now.  That’s a bigger deal for the younger grades, but even math and science is a little more fun when the assignments have contemporary and seasonal associations.  While I guess that none of that news from school is exactly earth-shaking; we did have a pretty good day.

Michael, Tim, and Rowen came home with me for our study session, and after having our snack break with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana; we were left on our own to get our homework done while Mom took the twins along and went over to Michael’s house to mostly visit with Miranda while Jacob worked on making dinner for everyone.  The highlight of that little blast of fun was when Michael and I had a bit of alone time between when Tim and Rowen left and when we moved on to his house, but don’t think we got away with anything because Mom does have the link with me; and Miranda only needed to look at us to know that we weren’t getting there so close to dinnertime because we’d been putting in extra study time.

Dad had gotten there first after work, so Miranda only had time to tease Michael and me for a few minutes before we sat down to eat and spent nearly an hour mostly talking about the California trip.  I haven’t mentioned Barb and Corey yet; so let’s go there next.

Corey only spent a little time with all of the women while they were there; and only when they stopped in to collect Barb each morning – and check out their home.  It sounds like they’re pretty much living their dream now; and their home is very nice.  Barb is really doing great with her job there; and has already been promoted twice since they moved there.  Some name-dropping that wasn’t really very impressive to Mom, Miranda, or most of the other women suggested that Barb and Corey are starting to move in some fairly elite circles; and they obviously love all of that too.  I’m certainly not bragging or anything, but you can’t help but be at least a little amused with all of that when Barb and Corey don’t even know that the richest person they know is my Mom – not the movers and shakers of Los Angeles or California.  Then again, Mom and I don’t even think about money as having anything to do with why we’re rich – we get all of that from our new family and friends.

We had that and then some tonight while spending the evening with Michael and his family.  The weekend story time and food was great, but I’m mostly thinking about how things continue to change with our families since Michael and I started dating.  Dad has been Uncle Cameron to Michael and Rebecca for as long as they can remember, though Jake probably does; since he was older by the time Dad got home from college and his big law firm work.  That didn’t change after marrying Mom, and Rebecca and Stephanie in particular have called her Aunt Julie as often as not – though that’s changed to first names for Mom and Dad the closer Jake and Stephanie get to Violet.

Mom’s friendship, and then her working relationship, with Miranda was a natural fit with Dad’s friendship with Jacob and Miranda; but it is different now too – as is my friendship with Rebecca.  I guess the simplest way to describe that is to say that we’re becoming one family – very much the same way that the Proctor and Johnson clans have become very close since Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne got married.  I’m sure that most non-Magi would find that ridiculous when talking about something like that happening because of a pair of thirteen-year olds dating; but even Jacob and Rebecca seem to know that Michael and I have something really special even without any Magi power to help them come to that conclusion.

That developing family relationship probably isn’t obvious to everyone in town; though feel free to correct me on that whenever you read this in my future if I’m wrong.  The only reason for that, though, is our collective busy lives and work – we just don’t get that many opportunities to do things with all of us together.  While having more time for evenings like we had tonight would be nice, the quantity of time doesn’t change what’s happening; and I really love being part of an ever-expanding family.  The Magi Council probably likes seeing that happen too as Mom and I really dig our roots deeper into Witch Falls.

Moving along, our entertainment tonight also included my guitar lesson after we’d finished dinner and the clean-up; but Dad and Jacob joined in for that and we had a bit of a jam session and sing-along in the living room.  While the television was on, we didn’t really watch anything after that; and just enjoyed some quiet chat time until Dad needed to get home and started on his homework for the night.

We all went home then, and I didn’t get to share a particularly exciting goodbye with Michael; but we did get that alone time here earlier so I’m not complaining.  While Dad worked, Mom and I did the bedtime routine with the twins; had my Magi lesson after they were tucked in; and then I came up to my room to get started on my studies and work after that.  Since I was already ahead of schedule this week thanks to the extra work last night, it was easy to keep ahead now; which is why I put a one-thirty time limit on my studies tonight so I can be sleeping before two o’clock.

I managed to actually come close to hitting that, with just a slight over-run while finishing up a little family business report instead of leaving the last hundred pages or so un-read.  The lack of sleep is going to catch up to me eventually, and I definitely don’t want to be too tired for the weekend birthday action – whatever that’s going to be; but I don’t plan on cutting back until Wednesday night – and maybe not even then if I can do another all-work evening and an early bedtime then.  We’ll see how it goes, but for now; I’m ready to crash for a few hours, so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!