Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Cassie's Journal - February 22, 2014



Let’s skip over the morning recap, other than to mention that we had a big country breakfast that Michael stayed for after Tai Chi before he went home again and I spent the morning helping out around the house and yard.  We didn’t skip lunch, but delayed it so that we could check out the food at the Maple Valley WinterFest.

Michael was set free from the Inn early, and he and I went there with Mom, Dad, and the twins; but we met up with Rowen and Tim when we got to Maple Valley.  They’d arrived an hour or so earlier; getting a ride there with his parents.  They were all spending the afternoon at the festival too, so Mom and Dad ended up hanging out with them.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I wandered around on our own for about half of the time we were there, and had Ethan and Ehlana with us part of that time; but that wasn’t to exercise any teen freedom or anything – we just wanted to do different activities and didn’t have time to do everything.

The highlights for me included pancakes covered with the amazing, local maple syrup; the craft show; the demonstrations for making the syrup and other sweets; and the one talent show we had time to catch shortly before we needed to get Michael back to the Inn to help out with the dinner rush.  I’m not counting our syrup and treats purchases in that; but only because we’ll be enjoying most of those things over the next weeks and months – not today.  After dropping Michael off at the Inn, we needed to do a little running around to drop off the sweet souvenirs we’d picked up for our family and friends; so it was heading toward six o’clock by the time we got home.  Mom opted for a quick, hot dinner, and after cleaning up; we settled in for a quiet evening together in the living room.

Michael was at the Inn until it closed, but still came over after that; getting here in time for Ethan and Ehlana’s bedtime story and snack.  He and I tucked them in too; and then came up to the lounge to watch a movie and enjoy some alone time while Mom and Dad did a little work in the office.  While our afternoon fun at the WinterFest had been great, the play time tonight with Michael was the most heart-pounding excitement of the day; and I’m a very happy camper right now.

Oh, and just in case you’re wondering if we’ve had any issues with parental interruptions yet, the only thing I’m going to say about that tonight is that I’m fairly sure that Mom and Dad had more to worry about us checking in on them in the office than the other way around.  Yes, that is too much information for me already, and if you’re using your imagination while reading this in my future – please never admit that to my older self.

Moving along, Michael went home shortly before midnight – about ten minutes after Mom and Dad checked in with us in the lounge on their way to bed.  I was changed and in bed by a few minutes after midnight; and the only reason it’s closing in on one o’clock now is because I’ve needed a little time to wind down and be ready to sleep.  I haven’t done any work other than a quick work-related email reply; but I did have text-chats with Rowen and Michael before they both put their computers away when they were each ready to crash for the night.  Rowen spent the evening with Tim since here parents were busy in the data center anyway; but they didn’t get to have as much alone time as Michael and I did because they spent most of the time with his parents instead.  She was a little disappointed about that even though she also likes Tim’s parents a lot and enjoys doing stuff with them.

I guess that’s pretty much everything I have for today.  Tomorrow will be a work day for Dad, so I’ll be helping out with Ethan and Ehlana in the afternoon; but I’m also going to be at the Inn for the buffets too.  With WinterFest still on in Maple Valley, it’ll probably be a comparatively quiet day at the Inn; but I’m looking forward to spending that time with Michael, Rebecca, and their parents.  It’s also time that I get some sleep so I’ll be ready for that and getting back to my usual school night studies and work; so until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!