Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Cassie's Journal - February 13, 2014



Grandma and Grandpa are in Italy now; and they’ll be starting a very romantic Valentine’s Day long weekend very soon – unless they’re going to sleep in after a long trip from Pakistan.  As usual, I don’t need some of those details; but sure hope that my future husband and I will get to be that happy when we’re in our seventies!  I sure lucked out in the adopted family department.

Life in Witch Falls wasn’t that kind of exciting today, but I did have fun; and Michael and I are the Valentine’s Day junior champs for game night this week.  I’m happy about that because Miranda had put together a special batch of themed games and several of them required knowing a lot about your partner – whether you were a couple or just paired up friends or neighbors.  Miranda may have had an ulterior motive other than some extra fun, and if she did; it paid off when she and Jacob won the senior championship.  Michael’s father might not take gaming seriously; but he does know his wife very well and aced every single question about her.  Mom and Dad did pretty well too, but the adult questions were harder than they were for the kids and teens; and they were at a distinct disadvantage because Mom and I don’t have a back-story that’s deep enough to talk about our past with some kinds of trivia details.

Everyone had a lot of fun with the alternate gaming program whether succeeding or messing up; and the special snacks were awesome too.  I’m sure that pretty much every girl there tonight was in the Valentine’s Day mood by the time we went home – including a few single girls.  I’m not suggesting that any matches were made tonight; but there may have been a little flirting going on tonight.

Valentine’s Day was obviously a big deal around school today; and around town too – at least for the businesses getting extra, last-minute customers looking for gifts or treats for their special loved ones.  Our school looks very festive with walls and displays filled with crafts.  The gossip network was actually fairly quiet today; but I’m sure that’ll change over the next few days as we find out how successfully the kids and teens handle the big day tomorrow.  Yes, that’s mostly on the boys; but I can assure you that there are more than a few girls with expectations that are too high and they’ll be disappointed no matter how hard their guys try to make the day special for them.

I don’t really have much to write about from our actual classes.  We had a good day, and mostly played with themed lessons that were as much about having fun as learning anything.  Our after-school study session didn’t take long, but that was a good thing; since Michael, Rebecca, and I were able to get an early start to our work in the kitchen and have an easy time with a lighter-than-usual dinner crowd.  We’ll make up for that tomorrow night when they’ll have a full house a couple of times over – just like they’ll have at breakfast and lunch.

I guess there isn’t much else to cover tonight, since I’ve already hit the game night highlights.  Michael and I walked home together after cleaning up the dining room and helping his parents get everything set up for the Valentine’s Day breakfast, but we did our goodnight hugs and kisses on his front porch before I went on to my house in time to help Mom and Dad with getting the twins into bed for the night.  Mom did a quick Magi lesson with me; I’ve been multi-tasking my bedtime computing while soaking in my Jacuzzi; and I’ll be out of the tub and into bed for the night shortly after I wrap this up.

There may be some girls having a restless night in anticipation of the big day, but thanks to too little sleep lately; I won’t be one of them.  Dreaming of some hot Valentine’s Day fun with Michael is an option, though, so with that in mind; I’m out of here.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!