Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cassie's Journal - February 17, 2014



The early morning wake-up call to see Dad off on his way to Crystal Springs is a lot easier when I haven’t stayed up working until two or three o’clock.  Ethan, Ehlana, and I had fun spending that time with our parents; and enjoyed the cuddle time with Mom in her bed after Dad left.

Tai Chi with Michael was good too, and then we were pretty much back to our normal morning routine after Michael left to get ready for his morning weight training at school.  Rowen collected me on her way to school today; and we ended up walking most of the way there with Rebecca.

With Valentine’s Day now over, we got back to our regular school work.  The gossip around school included the weekend post-mortem; but we were collectively moving on too.  I haven’t mentioned the Winter Olympics yet in my journal; mostly because I haven’t really been following them other than during my usual nightly computer checks.  They weren’t getting much attention around school last week either, but have caught the attention of some of the kids and teens over the weekend.  Some of our friends think it’s a bit strange that I don’t even want to watch the snowboarding and skiing events since I love snowboarding so much; but I was much happier to be snowboarding for my birthday rather than watching it on television.  If I want to learn new tricks; I can watch clips on YouTube – I just can’t get all that excited about competitions that have become more about money and politics as athletic talent and sportsmanship.

I don’t want to write a long diatribe about professional sports or international competitions like the Olympics; so let’s just say that I think the money could go to better uses; and leave it at that.

Back to normal at school meant having a fairly quiet day even with the extra bits of gossip going around on the grapevine.  Michael, Rowen, Tim, and I had a pretty good day; and that continued when we ended up going to Michael’s house for our after-school study session.  We did that because Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana were getting ready to go there when we got to my house; expecting to be working there as usual.  Rebecca studied with us in the dining room; and we had time for some video gaming action in the living room before Rowen and Tim needed to leave – though Michael, Tim, and the twins did most of the playing while Rebecca, Rowen, and I watched and talked with them.

Jacob was experimenting with a new chicken entree tonight; and though he still isn’t satisfied with how it turned out; his captive audience and taste-testers thought it was delicious.  The dinner conversation was good too – whether we were talking business and changes that’ll happen around town because of the new lab as we get closer to it opening in September or having Ethan and Ehlana tell us about the latest fun in their lives at KidZone, home, and with their friends.  They mentioned Michael’s cousin, Sophia; and that they don’t get to see her as often because she doesn’t go to KidZone very often; and I got the feeling that Miranda may invite her youngest Bassett niece along the next time we do a joint family meal or event.  I’m sure that all three kids will love that if she does.

As usual, Michael, Rebecca, and I were on the clean-up crew, but we had two junior supervisors to keep us entertained; and then Michael and I had Ethan with us for my guitar lesson while Ehlana got to have some girl time with Rebecca.  We all had some play time with our parents after that; and we ended up staying until nearly nine-thirty before heading home.  That meant no alone time for Michael and me, and an uninspiring goodnight hug and kiss; but I’ve been too busy since then to think about what Michael and I didn’t get to do tonight – and we had fun with our families anyway.

Mom and I did the bath and bed routine with the twins; did my Magi lesson once they were tucked in; and I’ve been doing my usual bedtime studying and work since climbing into bed with Mandy at eleven-thirty.  All of that work has kept me busy, and I’ve worked a bit longer than I’d planned; but I’m getting ahead on the study plan for this week.  That’s made for a quick return to late nights; but I’m doing okay tonight and want to do more tomorrow night too so I can take Wednesday night off when we’ll already have a busy day with Kris’ party after school that’ll keep me from my usual work night.

I do need to get at least some sleep, though, and don’t have any other news for today; so I’m going to wrap this up now and call it a night.  Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!