Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, May 28, 2018

Cassie's Journal - May 27, 2018


Happy 1st Anniversary, Violet and Dillon!

I’ve had a crazy-busy day; we’re doing another camping night with the cousins and friends; and I’ll need to make this quick so that I can get out there and join in on the last bit of fun before we try to get some sleep after I missed out on the campfire while busy at the Inn.

Violet and Dillon have had a happy, family and friends day while celebrating their anniversary; but other than spending a few minutes with them here and there – like at church and while they were at the Inn for the second buffet sitting; I wasn’t able to help them much with that celebration.  They’ve had another amazing weather day, though; and we’ve had our second day in a row with the ‘feels like’ temperature topping out at over one-hundred!  That’s been great for hopping in the river to cool off; canoe rides; park play; biking; and barbeques for everyone – except those of us working all afternoon and evening at the Inn or elsewhere around town.

We had a fun camping night last night; Tai Chi with all of the extra exercise buddies this morning was really great; and the multi-family breakfast was wonderful too.  Michael and I needed to be at the park early to set up for the church service; and then we had a blast with the teen praise team and other teens and kids helping out with that special holiday weekend service – one of the last that we’ll be doing with the teen praise team before going away to college in August.  With three buffets booked for the Inn, we had to pack up right after the service; get to the Inn; and get to work.  I’m not going to say much about how hot it was in the kitchen again today, since I do get to spend two-thirds or more of my work time in the air-conditioned dining rooms; but it was a tough day for all of the kitchen crew – and Michael and I are both pretty much wiped out now.

We’re going to need that day off tomorrow – though we’ll be a bit busy helping out with the parade and then the picnic at the park too.

While the work at the Inn was tough, I still had a lot of fun; and it is always great to know that we’re helping to make this holiday special for everyone.  Michael and I needed to work late because in addition to the clean-up; we needed to get the library set up for the second self-serve breakfast of the weekend for our guests.  That’s why it was past-eleven by the time we locked up and came home.  Michael’s grabbing a shower and getting changed before joining the camping crowd; and that’s what I’ve been doing while multi-tasking my bedtime computing.

I really am looking forward to the day off and spending some time with our families and friends, which is why that’s all I have for tonight; so that I can get out to our temporary campground and the fun waiting for me there.  There are other journals you can read to get more details on the fun that I missed out on while working; though I’m glad that everyone really is having an amazing holiday!  I should also add that the pizzeria had another great day, and while we’ll have to get more of the details from Rebecca and Jen tomorrow; they are even happier with how everything is going for them – and apparently well-ahead of their business plan for their opening weekend too.

That’s news that I can write about another day too, though, and that’s pretty much everything I wanted to report for today; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!