Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Cassie's Journal - May 19, 2018


Congratulations, Mitch and Lynn Bassett – you’re married!
Congratulations Doug and Alicia – you’re engaged!

Mitch and Lynn’s wedding is the news of the day, but I didn’t find out about the news of the day from yesterday until this morning; and Doug proposed to Alicia so that they were engaged in time for Lynn’s wedding.  Most of the guys around here – including Michael and Tim – think that Doug is brilliant; since he now has a very easy way to remember his engagement date.  I know that isn’t really any different than choosing a holiday or birthday for that, but let’s not have that get in the way of the jokes; and I’ll give Doug full points for surprising Alicia and making her so happy.

While the Bassett side of Michael’s family was busy with the wedding all day; he and I were busy with the work to help out with that – including the breakfast at the Inn that Jacob and Miranda hosted for the family and all of the wedding guests that are visiting town for the weekend.  The weather and forecast wasn’t looking good first thing this morning, but Mother Nature decided to mess with the meteorologists and give Mitch and Lynn enough nice weather when they needed it most to give them a perfect day for the most-important parts of their wedding ceremony and reception.

I didn’t get to enjoy much of the nice weather, but then I missed out on the rain and thunderstorms too while I was indoors and working.  With the family breakfast; that part of my work shift was a bit crazy, and then I didn’t end up going home because Miranda needed help with the rooms because the Inn is full with wedding guests.  I ended up doing that; helping with the lunch prep work; and then I headed home to have lunch and get ready for the wedding.  Michael and I weren’t in the wedding party for his cousin or helping out at the church; but we did provide the music for the ceremony – including a duet while the wedding party was busy signing the paperwork once we had them happily married.  That was a lot of fun, and we’re really happy for Mitch and Lynn; so all of the work that we did for the rest of the day was worth it.

After we were done at the church, it was time to get back to the Inn and help out with getting ready for both the reception in the main dining room and the regular dinner shift that we only had the small dining rooms for our regular customers.  That wasn’t really a problem for space, since most of the reception guests were locals anyway, but we still managed to keep the small dining rooms full too.  Michael and I did need to take a break to go to the park for wedding photos, but that was set up so that Michael’s family could go all at once; get the pictures with Mitch and Lynn done in just a few minutes; and then get back to the Inn.

That reminds me that there is a bit of news that I should add here – that Jake and Stephanie were in the wedding party; and had to juggle their responsibilities for that with working to help with the reception too.  Jake also provided the special dinners that Mitch and Lynn chose – as did most of the wedding party and parents and grandparents of the bride and groom.  All of that made for a crazy-busy day for Jake and Stephanie – and that’s also why Michael and I were put in charge of the post-reception clean-up even though our day started before dawn with the breakfast shift.

We were able to have a couple of breaks tonight, but not during the reception meal, toasts or really any of the reception highlights because we were both busiest while those special moments were going on.  I didn’t miss everything, since I was in and out of the dining room all evening; but Michael was too-busy in the kitchen to do more than spend a couple of minutes with Mitch and Lynn during one of our breaks.  The happy newlyweds left for their airport hotel at midnight; the reception wrapped up at one; and Michael and I got done work by two-thirty – including getting the library set up for the self-serve breakfast that some of our guests will be having in the morning – if they don’t just sleep in until lunchtime!

Speaking of that, Michael and I will be working tomorrow too – including a lunch for the Bassett and Jennings families and quite a few of their friends; so I need to wrap this up and get some sleep.  I’ll be doing that with Michael; and he was happy to let me bring him home with me once we got out of the Inn.  I’ve been doing my basic bedtime computer checks and this update while getting ready for bed; but didn’t do much more than read my email and answer a couple of them that I didn’t want to leave until tomorrow night.  I doubt there will be any quality make-out time for Michael and me tonight, but we really just want to cuddle and sleep anyway.

I really want to get to that end to my night too; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!