Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Cassie's Journal - March 16, 2018


Hello from Arizona!

We started our day with rain and temperatures around forty; had a fun day at school because we were all looking forward to March Break – including the teachers; and then Michael and I loaded up Mom’s van with Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden; and hit the road for the airport – along with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, Brianna, and Zack in their minivan.  I have no reason for keeping that news until today in my journal other than because it’s more fun for me to do it that way – which is also why I didn’t mention that Grandma and Grandpa ‘surprised’ us by meeting us in Phoenix – along with two, larger vans that had enough room for all of us.

I’m getting ahead of the story, but I guess that the drive to the airport was uneventful – though we had a lot of fun too.  We were there early-enough for our flight to have lots of time to get checked in and our luggage dealt with before having a fast food dinner and then meeting up with Mom and Dad when they caught up with us after driving to the airport from Crystal Springs.  While it’s tempting to suggest that the parents flew first class while Michael and I had all six kids in economy, we weren’t on that kind of flight; and had decent seats with enough window seats to keep all of the kids happy – including Aunt Leanne! ;^)

Michael and I did end up spending a lot of time on the flight with Brianna; and that was a lot of fun to share that experience with her.  Our flight left on time; arrived on time; and the family reunion with Grandma and Grandpa was a blast.  That couldn’t have been a surprise for me because I’d been able to sense their travels back toward home from across the pond, but it was a surprise for some of us; and that was part of the arrival entertainment for us too.  While we’d already had a long day by then, the time change helped a bit; and Grandma and Grandpa had already taken care of our hotel check-in too.

You’re likely wondering now whether Michael and I are in the same room.  We’re not.  I’ve got three girls with me; he has three boys with him; and the parents and grandparents are kid-free tonight.  While that isn’t going to be as much fun for us as our trip to Colorado was; Michael and I have still had fun – and we were together for most of the time until we headed for our beds to get some sleep.  I have a cuddle buddy waiting for me in my bed; but am doing my computing first; and Ehlana and Naomi are keeping Brianna entertained while I’m busy.  Our holiday adventure is really going to get started in the morning; so I have only done the basic computer checks and dealt with just a bit of work that needed to be taken care of while I could do that on a secure data link.  Part of our vacation here will be at the Grand Canyon – including some camping; so extreme computing might not be an option every day.

I do expect the need for sleep to catch up with me every day, though, and I’m there now; so I’m going to wrap this up – and then wrap up my little cuddle buddy and have a nap!

For a travel day, this has been pretty good, but stay tuned for the really good stuff that’ll start tomorrow.  Yes, I know you can flip the digital page and just read on, but I can’t and need to live it first; so I’ll go do that; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!