Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, June 19, 2017

Cassie's Journal - June 18, 2017



Happy Father’s Day, Dad – and to all of my favorite fathers!
Happy 22nd Birthday, Violet!

Before I get to the news from today; let’s back up and quickly cover the grad party news.

Michael and I got rained on a bit on our way out to the Norton farm, but it stopped raining for a while once we arrived.  Our visit wasn’t quite a cameo stop, but we only stayed for about three-quarters of an hour; congratulated all of our favorite seniors; and sang and played a duet to help out with the entertainment before coming back to town again.  Yes, we could have stayed longer, but the party is for the seniors; and the parents helping out with all of the work didn’t need any help – or extra teens to keep an eye on.  They were all having fun, and while we had to get the rest of the party report from Rebecca and Jenny today; they continued to have fun after we left until nearly-two before the party broke up.  Rebecca stayed at the farm for the night; and had the Father’s Day breakfast with Lucas and his family.  While they partied; I brought Michael home with me; we didn’t watch a movie in the lounge while having fun making out for a while; and then I kept him for a sofa sleepover.  The rain returned overnight, but also ended hours before dawn; and we’ve had an awesome weather day – without the extreme heat.

Tai Chi by the river was great; Michael and I had breakfast with both sets of parents, Ethan, and Ehlana because Jake and Stephanie had breakfast with her family today; and we all eventually made it to church in time for the annual, short, Father’s Day service.  As always, that was fun, and it was nice having the extra time before heading to the Inn to get started on the lunch shift prep work.  I’m skipping details like the Father’s Day gifts at breakfast and some cameo moments with my favorite fathers; but all that’s important for that is the fun and love – and there was a lot of that to be shared around here today!

We had to work our tails off all day at the Inn, but that was fun all of the time too – or at least it was for me.  Special Father’s Day and birthday moments with our customers kept me entertained all day.  My family came to the late buffet so that they could do that with Violet, Dillon, and everyone else in our collective, hometown families; but I had fun with all of the other fathers and their respective dinner groups all day too.  There’s too much for all of that to write about here; so I won’t even try to do that – and again just point out that it’s the love and joy that’s important.

I don’t have the weekend report from Woodvale yet, but Violet and Dillon looked happy; and assured me that they had fun with her family while visiting them – and celebrating Father’s Day and her birthday before coming home in time to do that with everyone here too.  While Michael and I were busy at the Inn, we missed out on a barbeque lunch and a canoe ride, but we went for a bike ride during our afternoon break and had a little picnic at the park before getting back to work in time for the first buffet prep line work.  With two sold-out buffets, we were busy all evening; and didn’t get out of the Inn until ten-thirty by the time everything was cleaned up and the main dining room was set up for the breakfast shift.

Michael took me home with him this time; we went for a swim in the river; and then had a bit of quiet time on the dock until we were ready to say goodnight and split up for our own homes.  Another sofa sleepover would have been nice, but we probably shouldn’t do that every day all summer – no matter how much fun that would be! ;^)

Instead of doing that, I came home; had a bedtime visit with Mom and Dad in the office while he finished up his work and packed up for his week in the city; and then I came up to my room to have some quality time with my Jacuzzi.  I’ve multi-tasked my work while doing that; used a time phase to speed that up; and didn’t have much that needed to be done in ‘real’ time, so I’ll be able to have a decent nap before getting up again to see Dad off to the city in a few hours.

That wake-up call is going to be here too soon, though, and that’s pretty much all of the news I have for today; so let’s wrap this up and I’ll get started on that down time.  It’s going to feel like summer vacation is starting by morning, since Michael and I have the next two days off from work, but we don’t have any plans yet – and we don’t even know whether Rowen and Tim will have time off from their summer jobs on the same days that we’re going to get.  I can write about all of that as we go along, though, and really do need the sleep regardless of what we end up doing during our first week of the summer; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!