Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, June 16, 2017

Cassie's Journal - June 15, 2017



My luck with comparatively-early bedtimes ran out tonight, but we’ve had a great day; so I won’t file any complaints with myself for talking me into staying up late to get my work and studies finished.  Since this was also my last language study night until September; I really wanted to wrap up the last bits of work I wanted to do with that before moving on to the next batch of languages.

We’ve had another blistering-hot day here, but since the thunderstorms held off until after we were home from game night at the Inn; I’m okay with being able to have our school play day outdoors – especially when it would have been a pain to move everything indoors and try to do all of the activities in the school.  Before I get to that news, though; let’s back up to cover the news from my morning wake-up call.

I was up early; out by the river ahead of everyone except Silkie – since she came outside with me; and then we had a long-form workout before having an easy breakfast and splitting up to get ready for work and school.  We were at school early; Michael and I helped with some of the set-up that had been saved for this morning; and then we were soon spending the rest of the school day playing with Michael and our friends.  The highlights of my day included lots of fun with Ethan and Ehlana; and they got a fair bit of attention from doing very well in the games while working as a team whenever that was possible.  They can get away with that thanks to the twin thing; and they piled up quite a few prizes by the end of the day.  Mom volunteered again to help out with the food booths, but she did that all morning and then spent the afternoon helping out with the younger kids and getting to have fun with Ethan and Ehlana too.

Yes, Michael and I won a few prizes too, but let’s not go there; since today was all about the fun.

After school, we all came home and went for a swim; and then Michael and I needed to be at the Inn for the dinner shift.  We were busier than normal because it was also the last game night of the school year; so we had extra customers coming to town and staying for the games.  Michael and I stayed for the games too; though I’d have been happy to bring him home and have some alone time instead.  The work up until the games started was tiring after a long play day in the extreme heat, and while we had fun with the gaming too; I was pretty much wiped out by the time we finished that clean-up and headed home.

I went home with Michael; we went for another cool-down swim; and then had a quiet chat while drying off on the bench by the river.  I went home when it looked as though we might have imminent rain and thunderstorms.  It was past-eleven by then; I did a Magi lesson with Mom while Dad worked in the office; and then I opted for some Jacuzzi time before getting to work.  I didn’t multi-task while in the tub, and it was about four hours ago when I got started on the work once I was tucked into bed with Mandy and my computer.  The must-do work is done; so I’ll only need to deal with the usual weekend work that pops up now and then between now and Sunday.  I still have work at the Inn and chores to do here, though, and that’s going to keep me busy.  We get early-release tomorrow, so Michael and I will have a bit of play time then before Michael and I will be working the dinner-to-close shift.  We don’t have anything else specific set up to celebrate the start of our summer, but we can play it by ear and try to fit a bit of fun in along with the work.  I’ll keep you posted on that, but I’m half-dozing even as I write this; so it’s time to call it a night and get some rest.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!