Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, June 12, 2017

Cassie's Journal - June 11, 2017



The campfire last night was a welcomed blast of fun after a busy work day; and we had a good night with the camping after everyone else headed home at midnight.  Michael and I would have preferred co-ed tents; but it’s just a bit soon for that sort of thing with my brother, sister, and their best friends! ;^)

Tai Chi by the river this morning was a great way to start the day; we had extra guests for breakfast; and then it was time to head for the church and a Sunday service that was shortened due to the hot weather.  That’s comparatively-short, and it allowed us a bit of time to socialize before Michael and I needed to be at the Inn to help with the lunch prep work; but that was just one more blip of fun before the tough parts of my day started with that prep work in a very hot kitchen.  Now that I get to work the dining room; that heat in the kitchen is easier to take when I’m only in there to pick up the food orders; but it still drains you – and the servers need to look our best regardless of how wiped out we get from the heat and hard work.

While the Inn was very busy today, Michael and I were able to take our normal afternoon break.  I brought him home with me; we went for a swim to cool off; and had ice cream treats in the sunroom with my family while trying to take it easy until we needed to get back to the Inn for the buffet-to-close part of our shift.  That wasn’t all that exciting, but we were ready to go again by the time we got back to work; and then the rest of the day through until we closed the Inn at around a quarter-past ten was a blur of non-stop busy with cameo moments of fun with our customers.

I went home with Michael for post-work drinks and cuddling; we talked with his parents and Rebecca for a while; and then I came home and got to work again – this time on my family business work and language studies.  For the record, I’m doing a bit of extra studying for the languages before taking the summer off; but it’s something that I want to do that will also help me with future languages I’ll be learning.  I also had bedtime visits with Mom, Dad, and the twins; but didn’t take long to do that because I really wanted to get to my work and get it done.  That helped a bit for the time, but I still had a lot to do; and could only do about two-thirds of the work and studying while in a time phase.  The rest had to be done in real time; so it’s still past-three as I’m wrapping up with this update.

That should get easier this week, since we’re done with the actual work at school now that exams are done; so we’ll just be playing all week as we wind down toward the summer holidays.  I’ll try to enjoy the break if that works out for us; since we’ll be starting our summer jobs this weekend and we’ll be getting ready for the holiday weekend and everything else we have on the go over the next few weeks – including Father’s Day and some family birthdays and anniversaries.

I can write about all of that as each event happens, though; and I really need to get to sleep now – even if I don’t really have anything important going on tomorrow.  This hasn’t been a best-ever kind of day, but I do feel pretty good about everything I’ve accomplished today; so I’ve more than one reason for being able to sleep well tonight.  That’ll only be a nap-length sleep, but I’ll be okay – and do have the summer holidays to look forward to now that we’re just down to days for that countdown; so I’ll be fired up and back to normal by morning – even if I need a bit of self-healing to help with that!  I’m rambling now, and it’s time to crash; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!