Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Cassie's Journal - June 10, 2017



I have a campfire and camping adventure to get to, so this is just a quick update while I’m grabbing a shower and getting ready for a bit of fun after a very long day.

Michael and I worked the breakfast shift at the Inn; and I finished up in time to catch the last half of Ethan’s ball game.  His team, the Bakery Blizzard, was up against Taylor’s Twister; and won a close game six-to-four.  After that, I came home to do chores with Dad in the back yard while Mom handled the post-game ice cream trip with the players and junior cheerleaders before joining in on the work once that was done.  Michael had to work the lunch shift too because he had his first ball game tonight; and that messed up our time together too because his breaks were shorter so that he’d have the evening off.  He did come over for his shortened afternoon break, and I wrapped up my chores then; so we had time for a swim and some fun with the twins before we needed to be back at the Inn again.

I worked the dinner-to-close shift; Michael helped with the dinner prep work; and then he headed for the school in time for his game against the Solar-Wind Farm Photons.  Landry’s Lasers ended the family trend of first-game wins, but the Photons needed the bottom of the seventh to earn the come-from-behind, eighteen-to-seventeen victory.  Rowen was there to cheer them on for that game, and Ethan and Ehlana stopped by before going on to the park with Mom and Dad for their co-ed ball game; but I doubt that the ‘bad luck’ rubbed off – especially since the Lasers had been in the lead at the time.  That is one of the jokes I’ve heard with the first bits of baseball news I’ve been given so far, but the only real news is that the Roughriders lost their first game too.  In their case, Connor’s Cowboys were a bit too much for them tonight; and Mom and Dad’s team came up two runs short on the way to the twelve-to-ten loss.

Yes, I missed out on all of that fun, but Miranda needed the help at the Inn with some of the guys and girls off for baseball or other reasons; so I’m glad that I could help her.  I’m going to miss out on more of the campfire if I don’t get going, though; so let’s wrap this up.  I worked until nearly-ten; ended my shift with the supply stocking of the library at the Inn so the guests are all set for the night and their Sunday self-serve breakfast.  Mom and Dad have a small gang here for the campfire, but Michael and I only have the twins, Naomi, and Aiden for our junior camping buddies tonight; and no extra teen or kid campers.

I can write all about that with my next report, though, and I don’t have anything really important to add from the rest of my day to this point; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!