Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Cassie's Journal - June 12, 2017



The top news of the day is that Caylee Reynolds has joined the staff at the medical center today; and she’s our new radiologist as well as a back-up nurse-assistant for Aunt Deborah.  She’ll handle the x-rays for both the dentist and doctors’ offices; and can pitch in when Aunt Deborah is busy or is on vacation or taking days off.  Yes, it’s another step in our local future plans; so it’s fun to watch it happen – even if I didn’t actually get to do that today while I was busy at school.

We’ve had a scorcher or a day around here; and the ‘feels like’ temperature soared into the triple-digits.  It’s a good thing that we’re having a wind-down play week at school; since we were able to enjoy some of that hot weather along with the bits of work we did that mostly involve cleaning up and getting ready for the summer break.  That wasn’t a big deal for me, since I’m a neat freak and didn’t have months worth of anything stashed in my locker or in different classrooms; but Michael and I did help with some work going on around the primary classes – and even got to spend a bit of time with Naomi while helping out in her class.

Without any exams or homework today, a bit of after-school play time was an option, and since it was so hot; going for a swim in the river was at the top of our to-do list once we were set free from school for the day.  Rowen and Tim joined Michael and me for that; and we had the twins, Naomi, Aiden, and a handful of other kids and teens with us for that play time.  Michael and I had dinner at his house to spend the time with his parents when we weren’t all working; and then we had some music fun at my house before wrapping up our day with a Magi lesson with Mom and a bit of cuddle time in the lounge until he went home at eleven o’clock.

I kicked my family business work and studying into high gear after seeing him out; and did most of that work in a time phase so that I didn’t have to stay up any later than needed.  There was still an hour and change of work to do in real time; but it’s just coming up on two o’clock now; so I’m happy with how much I got done in less than three hours.  I’m also happy about having time for a longer nap than has been usual for most Monday nights lately; so let’s wrap this up.

I didn’t go to Ethan’s ball practice, but he did have parental and sister support; and it was a heat-shortened workout anyway.  The twins spent some time at the lab this afternoon, but they’re looking forward to the summer holidays so that they can work there with Dillon a lot more often while he’s home.  You haven’t heard me mention Violet and Dillon in my reports because I haven’t seen them much – even though Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana do see them every time they’re at the lab and archives.  We don’t need to write about what a newlywed couple might be doing with a lot of their spare time as they settle into their apartment and summer jobs; and I’ll just be glad that they’re happy and having fun!

Having more fun during the rest of this week is high on my list of priorities, and I want to be rested and ready to do that; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!