Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, June 16, 2017

Cassie's Journal - June 16, 2017



The top news of the day is that we’re finished school; our teachers set us free early; and we have the entire summer ahead of us with endless days of sun and fun!

Oh wait – that’s for the younger kids and tweens.  Those of us with one or more summer job and a college education to pay for will be working a lot this summer while not having quite as much time for the sun and fun.  I don’t want to go there tonight, though; so let’s move this along because I do really want to get some sleep.

Triple-digit temperatures – at least for the ‘feels like’ measurement – kept things hot around here – if not for the reasons I might have liked while celebrating the start of our summer holidays.  Our morning routine before school was uneventful; we played and had end-of-year parties this morning and early-afternoon; and then Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I went biking at the park with the twins and a handful of their friends after coming home from school.  We had time for a swim and ice cream treats after that; and then Michael and I needed to get to the Inn to work the dinner-to-close shift.

We were very busy thanks to a lot of families wanting to celebrate the end of school with dinner parties; Miranda and Stephanie have a weekend getaway group staying at the Inn; and we had some early-arrival campers come to town for a hot meal too.  I’m sure that my journal updates sometimes give the impression that I don’t like the work or just find it tough, but I should mention more often that I really do have fun working with Michael, his family, and everyone else – even when it’s ridiculously-hot in the kitchen and we have to deal with that in addition to the usual problems that go along with feeding hundreds of customers.

All of that work does have me worn out, though; and I really do need to get to sleep so I’ll be ready for the breakfast shift in the morning.

Michael and I were set free a bit early tonight; came home; went for a moonlight swim; and then got out of the water ahead of the incoming threat of thunderstorms.  We had a bedtime visit with Mom, Dad, Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden; but then Michael went home instead of staying later and possibly having a sofa sleepover while the twins and their besties camped in the lounge tonight instead of the back yard because of the threat of storms.

I spent a bit of time with them after Michael left, but then moved on for a soak in my Jacuzzi before getting ready for bed and tucked in for the night with Mandy.  All four kids are still awake and watching their movies, but I’ve had enough fun for today – and they don’t have to work again before dawn to get ready for what’s sure to be a busy few hours at the Inn.  Ehlana and Naomi have a ball game booked for the morning, but we’ll see if it gets rained out or not – and that’ll depend on how much rain we get overnight and how much of a mess the ball diamonds are in by game time.  Since they are in the youngest division next to tee-ball, they could go ahead with the game if they can still play on the grass away from the diamond, but for all I know; we won’t get anywhere near the forecast amounts of rain and it won’t be an issue anyway.

Either way, I have a very busy day ahead of me in just a handful of hours with work, chores, and baseball; so it’s time to me to head off into nap land.  This isn’t going to be the most-exciting start to my summer holidays ever, but we will have fun even with all of the work, and I want to be recharged enough to keep up with all of the action; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!