Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Cassie's Journal - February 2, 2017



Happy 73rd Birthday, Grandma!

I might wish that I was with Grandma and Grandpa today – and while they take a four-day weekend to play and celebrate Grandma’s birthday if I wasn’t going to be in Florida by Saturday afternoon, but I will be doing that; so it wasn’t too tough to watch them wearing summer clothes and enjoying the warm weather while on our breakfast video chat with them.  Thanks to the time zone difference, they’ll be celebrating Grandma’s birthday twice, since it’ll still be her birthday here by tomorrow morning their time; though that is really just a joke for entertainment value when I’ve already mentioned they’re taking a four-day break from the work parts of their trip to have some fun together.

Here at home, my day was pretty good – if not birthday celebration level fun.  That video chat was the early-morning highlight; the Florida trip talk kept us entertained at school all day; and I worked my second-to-last kitchen shift at the Inn.  Michael and I are working the dinner-to-close tomorrow night too; and then it’ll be up to the adult staff to keep the place running for a week while we’re away.  That’ll be toughest for them on Sunday, but I’ll let you know how that works out for Michael’s parents whenever we hear the stories about that – either during the week while we’re away or after we get back.  The dinner rush today wasn’t tough to keep up with; and we had the kitchen cleaned up by the time Miranda had the dining room ready for game night.

Michael and I didn’t stay for that because we wanted to get our last batch of homework done ahead of our trip – and work ahead on our assignments for next week; since we’ve already been given most of them.  We also wanted to have some alone time; I used a time phase for the work and private play time for two; and we were both very happy campers by the time Mom and Dad got home from the Inn with the twins.  I know we’ll be parent-free for a week, and might have some alone time opportunities while we’re in Florida, but we’re also going to be there with a gang of teens and tweens; I’ll have special chaperones; and that could get in the way of having any teen-rated make-out fun.  Even if that doesn’t end up being a problem, we were still way overdue for some Michael and me time; and I’m glad that we could spend the evening together.

Mom did a Magi lesson with us after they got back; Michael and I took care of the bedtime routine with Ethan and Ehlana; and then he went home while I came up to my room and did some packing for my trip.  Ehlana came upstairs and joined me for that – and some sister chat time; and ended up staying to cuddle with Mandy and me for the night.  Mom joined the girl chat fun when she and Dad came up to bed and found Ehlana out of her room.  I was ready to get into bed by then too, so she only stayed and talked with us for about ten minutes before going down to her room again; and I got busy with my bedtime computing.  I wrote too soon yesterday about being done the work for the next week, but the bits of family business work I had to deal with tonight were easy to handle with just a couple of email responses.  My last email check of the day didn’t include any family or friends news, so once I’m done this report; it’ll be time to get some sleep.

Ehlana and I might need to talk for a while longer before we do that, but there isn’t anything newsworthy to add to this update; so I’m going to put my computer away; enjoy the quiet time with my sister; and then we’ll both get some sleep.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!