Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Cassie's Journal - June 9, 2015



We’ve had a very hot day here; and that had nothing to do with tough exams or pressure at work.

The temperature climbed well into the nineties; and the humidex flirted with triple-digits for a few hours this afternoon.

That didn’t have any effect on my Math, Music, or Spanish exams today; but our outdoor study time did include regular swim breaks to cool off – and we moved the show indoors not long after dinner to stay cool.

Mom and Dad did not have the full gang again tonight for that meal; but we did have a total of nine teens with us plus Violet and Dillon.  We still went with an easy meal plan, and I helped out a bit here and there; but Mom, Dad, Violet, and Dillon took care of the clean-up before heading over to the med center to help out there for the evening while I was busy with studying.  Dad doesn’t have a lot of time to help out with that since he’s busy with his own work too; but he will be giving Uncle Adam and Uncle Mark a hand when he can – and I’ll probably be donating some time to the cause too once we’re finished with exams this week.

I was busy enough tonight helping with the tutoring for geography and science.  Michael and Rowen helped out too, and even though we only have the two exams tomorrow; it was one of the more stressful study nights for a few of our classmates.  In Geography, it’s mostly the memorization that’s freaking them out while in Science; it’s remembering how to use the formulas and memorizing all of the fun little details – like periodic tables and everything else that goes along with general science classes.

Bottom line for tonight was that three of us nearly exclusively tutored from after school through until we called it a night at ten-thirty; and that came with a fair bit of teen psychology that was needed to keep some of our friends from freaking out while trying to get through the half-way day of our exam week.  I hope we succeeded with that; but I’ll let you know with the next update whether everyone survived the day without cracking under the pressure.

I was on my own by the time that Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana got home again from the med center.  We took care of getting the twins into bed first; Mom did my Magi lesson with me; and then I came up to my room and multi-tasked some Jacuzzi time with my family business work.  By then I was getting fairly worn out, so I used a bit of time-phasing to speed all of that up; and that’s the only reason I’ll be sleeping before one o’clock tonight.

Violet and Dillon will be here overnight, and while I didn’t mention it, they were here last night too; but they aren’t back yet because they’ve been hanging out with Jake and Stephanie tonight while their friends are wrapping up their two days off.  I really missed getting to spend time with Michael’s family this week; but I’ll get to have more time with them this summer – especially if I help out a lot at the Inn while we’re off from school.

There isn’t anything else that needs to be covered tonight, though, and I really do want to get all of the sleep I can tonight; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!