Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, June 19, 2015

Cassie's Journal - June 18, 2015



Happy 20th Birthday, Violet!

Her official exit from the teen club was fairly low-key, since she and Dillon were both working today; but we did have a special birthday breakfast for her; there was a video chat on Mom’s computer with Uncle Rick, Aunt Melissa, Dawn, and the boys while we had breakfast; and we did a birthday dinner here too with most of our family, Dillon’s, and any friends that could join us for that couple of hours of fun.

Since the weather forecast happily proved to be wrong again today, and our play day was a go at school; fun was the name of the game all day – at least for the kids and teens at our school.  I won’t suggest that was universal around here, since adults did need to work, and it wasn’t all fun and games for every non-school kid either.  I’m thinking about Ethan and Ehlana for that; and only because they finished up their last, third-year college exams today while I was busy playing with my friends and pretty much goofing off all day.

They actually did that while Mom was at the school taking a morning and lunch shift volunteering for one of the food booths; and Grandma and Grandpa stayed and watched the twins while they wrote the exams – and Grandma made up a batch of potato salad for the birthday dinner.  It wasn’t all work and no play for the twins.  They did get to play at the lab in the afternoon for a while with Dillon; and we went to the park to play after I was finished school – mostly to be out of Mom’s way while she was leading the dinner work crew.  I wasn’t drafted for the pre or post-dinner work crews because I was put in charge of kid control instead – which is why I really did pretty much get to play straight through until after my baseball practice.

I’m getting a bit ahead of the story; so let’s back up to the play day part of my adventures.  The games for play day were changed up a bit this year, but the competition is basically the same; and Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I did very well for our class ‘team’ – and for ourselves when it came to individual or paired contests.  Sure, every kid and teen ends up with at least a couple of ribbons or prizes by the end of the day, and it is all just for fun, but I do like to win; and Michael, Tim, and Rowen are fairly competitive too.  Let’s not go into the details of every event, and I’ll instead just simply report that we were the top four student gamers today – and we had a blast all day.

While having the great weather was perfect for our play day at school, and I was happy to be able to play outside with Ethan, Ehlana, and my cousins; I would have been okay with a rained-out baseball practice.  Yes, we needed the workout to get ready for our next game; but I also would have liked to get to be at home for all of Violet’s birthday dinner party instead of having to leave before most of the guests had even been served their cake and ice cream desserts.  Rowen and I still had fun playing ball with our team mates and friends too, and no rain meant that the dinner party could be outdoors; but sometimes I wish that I could multi-task to the point where I actually can be in two places at once.

Unfortunately, I’m fairly sure that people would notice if I put the entire ball field into a time phase to get through our practice in minutes instead of normal time – or did the same for Violet’s party or some other event.

That’s really too bad; since it would be very cool! ;^)

Anyway, the party was over long before I got home from my practice; mostly because there was still work going on at the med center tonight; and half of our guests were helping out there – including Violet and Dillon.  They’re heading up to Woodvale after work tomorrow; so they wanted to put in the extra time today since they won’t be able to help out this weekend.  Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana were home, and hadn’t helped out tonight, but since Rowen came home with me so that we could go for a cool-off swim; I didn’t get started right away on my work and studying.  We took Ethan and Ehlana with us for the swim; had a snack break with Mom after that; and then Rowen stayed to do a Magi lesson with me before heading home.

That was fun, since we haven’t gotten to do that much in quite a while; but it was time for me to seriously get to work after she went home for the night.

Ethan and Ehlana were finished their college classes, and Mom and I got them off to bed first; but then she and I both worked in the office on the family business until it was past-midnight.  She was off to spend some time with her Jacuzzi after that, but I got ready for bed; snuggled with Mandy and my computer; and got busy with one last round of language studies that included finishing up every last bit of work for my study plan.  Now I can take the summer off without having those bits of unfinished work bothering me – even though that’s a bit ridiculous when you consider the fact that my self-imposed curriculum is actually way more than it needs to be to become proficient in any given language.  It’s just the way I seem to be wired, though; so I’ll just go with it and move along.

Mom had given me an archive assignment tonight too, and I read through all of that between the language studying and a final computer and email check.  It’s taken longer than I would have liked to get everything done, and it’s heading toward four o’clock now; but I’ll also be able to take the weekend off – except for any can’t-wait work that comes up for the family business between now and Monday.  The good news is that we won’t be doing anything at school tomorrow anyway; and we’ll be set free early too.  We haven’t made any firm plans for our first night of summer holidays, but if the weather cooperates; there might be a minor camping adventure here.  I’d thought about suggesting a bigger camping adventure for Saturday night, but since it’s Father’s Day on Sunday; I’m sure that all of my friends want to be at home with their fathers for breakfast as much as Ethan, Ehlana, and I do.

Maybe we’ll work on that for next weekend!

I guess the only thing that I’ve skipped mentioning for tonight was the short bit of girl chat time that I had with Violet after she and Dillon got home tonight.  She was tired out by then, and didn’t stop to visit for long; but wanted to check in with me in case we don’t get a chance to talk before she and Dillon head for Woodvale tomorrow.  There are a couple of details from that conversation that don’t need to be included in this report, but what was most important was that Violet had a happy birthday even with all of the work; she’s excited to be going to spend the weekend away with Dillon and her family; and from what she told me about her plans for the next three days, she’s going to need a vacation when she gets back to rest up from all of the fun.

There isn’t going to be much rest in my near future; so I should get started on the nap time that I do have available before it’ll be time to get up again.  I’ve had one of those really good days, and hope that our summer will be amazing too, but that’s all I have for this update; I’m past-ready to get some sleep; so I’m out of here and off to dreamland.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!