Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, June 22, 2015

Cassie's Journal - June 21, 2015



Happy Father’s Day, Dad!  Ditto that for all of my favorite fathers!

It was a hot, humid morning, so Tai Chi by the river was followed by a cool-down swim for the kids and teens in our exercise group.  Michael needed to head home to his own Father’s Day breakfast; and Ethan, Ehlana, and I helped Mom out with making breakfast for five while Dad had the morning off from all chore-type work.  We couldn’t do anything about the job or volunteer work he had booked for today; so we did the best we could to help him have fun despite the non-optional activities.  Breakfast consisted of Dad’s favorite foods; we had him open his gifts while we ate; and then Mom and I had to rush around a bit to get the clean-up done while also getting ourselves and the twins ready for church.

We met up with Michael and his family for the walk to church; Jacob and Dad opened the smaller, bonus gifts that Michael and I had jointly gotten for them along the way; and then we all enjoyed Pastor Martha’s short Sunday service gift to the fathers in the congregation that was so short that she didn’t even bother to send the kids and teens off to Sunday school.  That gave us lots of time to head home again, get changed, and gather our food donations together before heading over to Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace’s house for the family barbeque lunch that the women and teens in the family were putting on for our favorite fathers.

I was on the work crew for both the pre and post-meal action while the fathers and grandfathers were in charge of the younger kids, and that kept me very busy; but we had fun too.  In case you’re wondering, Aunt Leanne was not put to work, but she did supervise; and she’s pretty much at the stage now when she’s ready to self-impose her reduced work schedule.  She isn’t quite finished with working in the office yet; but will be done soon – at least for the summer.  I’m glad that she was hanging out with us while we worked; since her pregnancy stories are always entertaining – if occasionally a bit too intimately detailed.

The one little glitch in the Father’s Day plans today wasn’t a huge deal; but it did mean an early end to our barbeque lunch.  The threat of imminent thunderstorms had us running to clear the back yard before maybe half of us had finished eating our meals.  We managed to do that without getting too wet; though that meant having a bit more work to straighten out the mess; finish having lunch and dessert in the dining room and kitchen; and then moving on to our afternoon plans.

For me, that included doing some babysitting while the parents were busy at the med center.  The thunderstorm didn’t last all that long, but it had poured; so hanging out at the park playground wasn’t exactly an option.  That’s why our afternoon play time was at our home; and my room and the lounge were hang-out central.  Michael helped me out for some of that action while on his afternoon break, and while we had fun with the twins and my cousins; we were both ready for a break by the time Mom and Dad relieved us of duty and I went on to the Inn with Michael to help out with the buffet shift.

The dining room was sold out more than twice over for the two buffets, but while Miranda had been tempted to add a third buffet; she hadn’t wanted to give Jacob and the other fathers even more work to do than normal; so we just kept turning over the tables as best as we could to satisfy as many customers as possible.  That was the royal ‘we’, since I had zero involvement with that; but I did do my very best to keep the prep line and dishwashing moving along.  Jacob had me switch back and forth between those two jobs as needed, and while we all worked really hard; I loved getting to spend that time with Michael, his family, and our friends on the staff there – including Jenny.

She had a lot to talk about with Rebecca and me; and it was pretty much all about Joel, his car, and her expectations for a best-summer-ever with him.  Trust me, you do not want me to write about all of the details, so I won’t; and we’ll just move this update right along.

I worked in the kitchen until the first wave of food went out for the late buffet sitting; and then I joined my family to have dinner with them.  They were all there, along with quite a few of our friends; so I was also again on kid control – and at a kid table that Rowen, Tim, and Patrick joined me at so that I could get some support while making sure than some of my cousins actually ate something more than desserts or sweets.  That meant not having much time with the adults in the group; though I did also get to talk with Violet and Dillon for nearly ten minutes while they gave all of us a micro-report on their weekend in Woodvale.  While I could have taken the rest of the night off, I didn’t do that; and only stayed long enough to eat and make sure that the kids at my table had eaten enough of the right foods to earn dessert before heading back to the kitchen and the literal piles of work left to do there that was almost entirely on the clean-up end of the job.

I stayed until Jake and Stephanie closed the Inn for the night; and then walked home with them, Michael, and Rebecca.  Jacob and Miranda had been sent on ahead once the cooking was done for the night; and they’d already gone off to bed by the time we got home.  We had drinks and a short chat out on the back porch after getting there, but Jake, Stephanie, and Rebecca were all ready for bed by then too; so it wasn’t long before Michael and I were on our own.  We decided to sit out by the river so that we could talk and finish our drinks without bothering anyone, and although it was tempting to go for a sofa sleepover; I wanted to be home for the start of Ethan and Ehlana’s birthday in the morning; so I went home at eleven o’clock instead.  Michael and I did share a mildly hot, moonlit goodnight hug and kisses by the river, though, and now that we’re on summer vacation; we are definitely going to figure out a way to have more Michael and me alone time!

That won’t be happening tomorrow, because in addition to it being Ethan and Ehlana’s fourth birthday; the med center is opening; and it’s going to be non-stop action all day and night.  I’ll need to get some sleep to be ready for all of that, but I still have a few more details to cover with this update before going off to dreamland.  Mom and Dad were still awake and working in the office – and they had Violet and Dillon hanging out with them.  Though she’d offered to give me a night off from my lessons, we ended up doing a short Magi lesson that she had Violet and Dillon help out with.  That was fun, but we got in the way of Dad’s work a bit; so Violet, Dillon, and I all headed up to the third floor once we were done so that he could work in peace – and Mom could help him out with a time-phase so that he wouldn’t need to stay awake for hours more while trying to get ready for a very busy work week.  Hopefully that’ll work out for him, since he will be involved in the birthday fun and the med center grand opening tomorrow too; but I’ll be sleeping before finding out whether less work will mean more play for Mom and Dad tonight – and I don’t really need to know one way or the other anyway.

Violet and I had a nice little girl chat in my room while Dillon grabbed a shower and got ready for bed; and then she left me to grab a shower too.  I’d been tempted for a long soak in the Jacuzzi, but didn’t want to do either a time phase or spend an actual hour or more in the tub; so the shower option worked better tonight.  I’m sure Mandy appreciated that a lot after I’d been working in a hot, humid kitchen for hours; and I was definitely in need of the clean-up.  I did use a time phase to speed up getting my hair done; and kept my bedtime computing to a minimum tonight.  There was one bit of family business work to deal with, but that didn’t take long; and there was basically no non-work email to deal with – except for one email from Dawn and Jillian that gave me their perspective of Violet’s visit home.

Okay, that’s it for tonight.  I need to be up early, so let’s skip the look at the week ahead and just call it a night.  There’s going to be a lot going on all week; and I don’t want to spend the time reviewing all of it now.  You’re reading this in my future anyway; so you can just keep flipping the digital pages anyway if you really can’t wait to discover what adventures are ahead for me over the next week – or longer, for that matter.  Since I need to actually live it, and time phases can’t be used to jump ahead in time; I’m good with getting some sleep now so that I’ll be ready for all of the fun and excitement.  With that simple goal in mind, I’m out of here; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!