Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Cassie's Journal - June 6, 2015



This update is coming to you in time-phase mode on Sunday morning because I fell asleep last night; and Michael and I ended up having another sofa sleepover in the lounge.

My Saturday started out great with Tai Chi by the river and breakfast with our sleepover guests.  Rowen, Naomi, and Aiden had fun too; but they also all went home or on to the computer store fairly early while I was put to work on the yard chores for the rest of the morning.  That kept Dad and I busy until we stopped for lunch; and then I was set free to clean up; we had lunch with Mom and the twins; and then my afternoon study buddies began arriving.  We didn’t have all of my friends there for the afternoon, since some of them were working all day; but Michael, Tim, and Rowen all had the rest of the day off for studying.  Michael, Tim, and some of the other guys also had their afternoon baseball game, but instead of sending them off to do that; we just took our studying on the road with us so that we could keep working and watch the game too.  Getting to cheer for our boyfriends was just an added bonus – even though it was also tough to do that and tutor several different subjects at the same time.

Ayres’ Arrows were playing Connor’s Catapults; and Michael and Tim’s team fared better than Mom and Dad’s team did last night.  They were the home team, and while the Catapults did get a lead in the top of the first inning, and managed to keep the game close for the first few innings; the Arrows eventually got a lead that they kept through until they earned the twelve-to-seven victory without needing to bat in the bottom of the final inning.  Our cheering might have helped; though the Catapults’ players had their fair share of cheerleaders too – and that didn’t help them.

I’m not suggesting that our squad was better – just that cheerleaders are as likely to distract a group of teen boys as motivate them. ;^)

The game started at three, so it was time to head home for dinner after that; and Mom and Dad pretty much had the full gang of study teens for that meal – including the farm teens that had all come into town by then and met up with us at the park for the outdoor study and baseball time.  Going for a swim in the river was an option that quite a few of us took while waiting for the food to be ready, but the river was fairly cool today; so we didn’t stay in for long.  Our meal was all easy food; Mom had lots of donations dropped off with the teens; and Dad and Uncle Adam took care of grilling all of the burgers and hotdogs that twenty-plus teens can demolish in a single sitting.  We ate outdoors too, and pretty much just sat wherever we wanted – down by the river; around the yard on lawn chairs; or at one of the few tables that we set up mostly for the parents and grandparents.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I were with the group by the river; mostly so that we could keep an eye on Ethan, Ehlana, Zack, and Leah while they ate and played there.

Cleaning up was easy too, since most of the dishes and cutlery were of the recyclable variety; and then it was time to get back to the studying for a few hours.  We did that in my room and the lounge, and while we were a bit crowded; it was also a lot of fun.  Okay, the majority of my friends might disagree with that fun assessment; so I’ll qualify that and suggest that Michael, Rowen, and I had a lot of fun; and we did our best to make the work as entertaining as possible for the rest of our friends – including Tim.

Most of my friends either had eleven o’clock time limits for the studying or alternate plans after that until whenever they needed to be home for weekend curfews.  Michael and I thought that worked out great for us, since Ethan and Ehlana were in bed by then; Mom and Dad went to bed once we were the last two teens standing; and he didn’t need to be home until twelve-thirty or one.

The fact that he didn’t make it home was a good thing from our perspective, but we were even happier to have the alone time in the lounge.  Yes, I did fall asleep, and so did he sometime after I did; but that didn’t happen until after we enjoyed some very overdue play time for two that was fairly hot and clothing-optional.

Yes, that was the best part of my day; though everything I was doing added up to one of those really good days – even without any major fun adventures.

My Sunday has started out great too.  Michael and I shared a fairly spectacular wake-up make-out session, and Tai Chi by the river was a blast that included some bonus teasing for us from our parents, Ethan, and Ehlana.  Yes, that was both sets of parents; because Jacob and Miranda came over with Michael and set up a joint breakfast at their house after he’d run home to get changed before meeting us outside.  Those last-minute breakfast plans are part of the reason why I’m doing this while in a time-phase – and also getting my hair done and ready for church after grabbing a shower.  I need to get downstairs to help out with our breakfast contributions; and then we need to head over to Michael’s house.

That’s going to keep the fun going today, and then we have a lot on the go for the rest of the day; but that’s mostly going to be studying for exams after church and for most of the rest of the day.  Michael has the day off from the Inn – and pretty much the entire week while we’re busy with exams.  I’ll still have my family business work to keep up with every day; but I’ll skip my language and archive studies so that I won’t be burning out with another week of not much sleep.

We’ll see how well that works out for me, but I do need to get going, so that’s all I have for this morning; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!