Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Cassie's Journal - June 15, 2015



I was up early this morning – at least for a few minutes – to see Dad off on his trip to the city; but then I went back to bed until we needed to get up again and started on our busy day.

Since any news about Dad’s work week in the city didn’t make any of my weekend journal updates, you might be able to guess that I wasn’t really even thinking about him being away this week at all until this morning; and I have to wonder if I really do have too much on the go to basically not even be around for most of the prep work he was doing to get ready for his trip over the past week and more.  Yes, I did know he was doing the work; but it didn’t really affect my life at all while I was busy with exams and everything else.

We missed him for Tai Chi and breakfast; but the rest of my day has been non-stop action and I wouldn’t have spent much time with Dad anyway if he had been here.  Our school adventures today were all about getting started on the clean-up of everything from classrooms to lockers; and I brought my first load of gear and returned assignments and projects home with me after we were set free for the day.  When we weren’t doing stuff like that, we filled the hours with some outdoor play time and a movie; our lunch break included a football scrimmage; and we took it easy the rest of the time.

Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I had some after school play time that included some biking at the park and an ice cream break at the Emporium; but I had to be home early to help Mom out with an early dinner ahead of an evening of babysitting while she was busy helping out at the med center.  While Michael came home with me for dinner, I had bonus babysitting help from hem when the rain rolled in and his ball practice was cancelled.  We’ve gotten a lot of rain tonight and a thunderstorm with it for good measure; but we were indoors for all of that and had fun playing with Ethan, Ehlana, Zack, and Caleb.  Grandma and Grandpa Ayres took Leah and Sebastian so that I didn’t have too many really little kids; though Michael and I could have handled the extras if that hadn’t already been set up before the baseball rain-out.

We played music; had some video gaming after that; and then wrapped up our evening with a movie that Zack and Caleb missed when they each fell asleep within minutes of cuddling with Michael and me.  That worked out fairly well when Aunt Leanne and Aunt Grace came to get them not long after that; and then Michael and I had some cuddle time with Ethan and Ehlana through to the end of the show before getting them off to bed for the night.  Mom got home in time for the goodnight hugs and kisses with the twins; Michael and I had a little chat with her; and then he headed home so that Mom could do my Magi lesson with me – a lesson that he couldn’t do with us even if it hadn’t been a school night and time for him to get home by then anyway.

That lesson took nearly an hour; I stayed in the office with Mom while we both did some family business work; and then it was bedtime for both of us by a bit after one o’clock.  I’m skipping the studying and archive work tonight, but did do the full email and computer checks that included a fairly thorough perusal of the Hathorne Industries systems.  I won’t get into the details now, since Mom has an archive for the Hathornes with very thorough reporting of their operations, but I will mention that they’ve been busy this year doing some fairly nasty things in different parts of the world; and they are happy to use any war or crisis as an opportunity to take advantage of the misfortune of others.  Then again, they cause a lot of that misfortune; instigate some conflicts; and have even been behind some fairly serious crises.

One of these days we are going to deal with them, and I wish it would be sooner instead of later, but I did at least find a few things tonight that we can do something about; and we’ll hopefully find a way to help at least some of the people they’ve been hurting by their actions.  I didn’t have time to get on that tonight, but I will get to that starting tomorrow night – and get some help from Mom too; if she has the time to fit a bit more into her already crowded schedule.

That wasn’t the most uplifting way to end my night, but the visit into the bowels of the Hathorne Industries computer systems was the last thing I did before getting to this report.  I’ve got band and teen praise team practices tomorrow, so it’s going to be another very long day; and I need to get some sleep so that I’ll be ready for that.  I’ll miss out on the med center work or babysitting because of those practices, and I’m probably going to have dinner at Michael’s house tomorrow night; but I can’t skip those practices because we’ll be getting ready for the Fourth of July holiday weekend at both practices.  This is the last one we’ll have for band; and we’ll probably only have two more for the teen praise team between now and then.

Okay, that’s it and I’m ready to crash now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!