Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Cassie's Journal - June 13, 2015



I’m really tired out right now, so I’m going to shoot for a short report despite the fact that there was a lot going on around here today – which is why I’m worn out!

Tai Chi this morning by the river made for a fun start to our day; Michael stayed for breakfast before moving on to his own chores and work at home and the Inn; and it was time for me to get to work too once he’d left.  Dad and I worked outside all morning, and while we did get some rain showers off and on for a couple of hours; that didn’t get in the way of our chores even though it did mean getting a bit wet.  I worked until noon; went to have a shower and got ready for my ballgame; and then had a quick lunch before Rowen met up with me and we headed for the school ball diamond.

Our Piranhas were up against the Solar Sharks today, and though they had the added incentive of playing their first game for a new business sponsor; it was the little fish in the baseball pond that had the advantage today.  Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana came out for the game, and there were lots of other parents there too; but not many other spectators – mostly because we had a dash or two of rain hit just before game time that kept the crowds away – and some others watching the match from their parked cars until the rain ended early into the first inning.  I won’t drag out the game report, but we were the home team today; ended the first inning with a one-run lead; and kept a lead straight through until the end when we wrapped up the eight-to-five win after giving up just one run in the top half of the last inning.

While the rain didn’t cancel our game, it did mean getting even dirtier than usual; so most of my team mates and I skipped the Emporium visit and opted to go jump in the river at my house while Mom and Dad just stopped in to the grocery store and picked up a couple of ice cream options and a large box of cones so that they could still feed us when we were finished cooling off in the river.  That was a fun break in the busy – especially since Michael was on his break for the tail-end of the game and the swim time.  He wasn’t completely outnumbered by the girls, since Tim, Ethan, and Aiden were there then too; but he is a normal teen guy; and wouldn’t have had a problem going for a swim with a group of girls in swimsuits.

That water fun was a fairly short break, since most of us had other things to do after the game, and in my case; that was heading over to the med center again to help out with the work that had been going on there all day.  Mom came over for a while too, but Dad stayed home to do some of his own work in the office.  He kept Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden with him; though Naomi and Aiden were only there for another hour or so before getting picked up by one or more of their parents.  I helped out with some unpacking work at the med center; took a turn with babysitting; and then I brought Zack and Leah home with me so that I could be home to help Dad when he switched into grillmaster mode and got started on cooking the main course dinner for the gang of family and friends we hosted for dinner.

Pretty much everyone helping out at the med center or the old clinic were invited to come over for that – along with the members of our family that had instead been busy at their usual jobs or helping out with the younger kids while their parents were busy.  It took a couple of hours to get everyone fed, and I mostly helped out with more babysitting and getting my younger cousins fed; but I helped out with the clean-up too while about half of our dinner guests headed back to the med center to put in another couple of hours of work there.

By the way, I haven’t mentioned it specifically, but Violet and Dillon are making a bit of extra money right now by helping out with the move to the med center.  I should probably talk to my agent; since I forgot to actually get hired on so that I could draw a paycheck too!

Oh wait – I’m too young for them to legally hire me for a job like that anyway.  I guess I’ll just have to settle for what I make with my current part-time job. ;^)

Moving along, I was still doing some babysitting when Michael came over after he was set free from the Inn.  He joined us for the movie that was in-progress already in the lounge, and by the time it was over; Zack, Leah, and Caleb were getting picked up by their parents – or parent in Zack’s case; since Aunt Leanne had already been sent home to bed by then after running out of steam while still trying to help out at the med center.  Once we were down to just having Ethan and Ehlana at home; Michael and I did the bedtime thing with them and then came back up to the lounge for a bit of overdue alone time.  That was moderately hot and a highlight of my day, but we were also both also tired by then; and another sofa sleepover so soon after the last one wasn’t a good idea – even if it would have been fun!

We had a little chat with Mom and Dad before Michael went home shortly before midnight; and I’ve only done the must-do work and nightly computing since getting ready for bed and tucked in with Mandy.  Tomorrow is going to be another work day – after church – and I’ll be splitting my time between the med center and the Inn; since I’m definitely going to help out with the buffet shift.  With all of that still ahead this weekend, I’m really glad that I’ll have that last school week of the year to rest up before we get to summer vacation!

Right now, getting some rest is all I’m interested in doing for the remainder of the night, so that’s it for this update; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!