Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Cassie's Journal - June 8, 2015



Happy 31st Birthday, Aunt Grace!

Thanks to our first day of exams and study sessions for our exams tomorrow, I was pretty much out of the loop for Aunt Grace’s birthday fun; but I did stop in to wish her the best after school on my way home.  Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne hosted a birthday dinner for her, and Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace are having a kid-free night tonight too; but didn’t have an all-night party or anything.  That was mostly because our town doctors, nurse, and others are all very busy right now with getting the new med center ready to open; with the target date now officially set at two weeks from today – which just happens to also be Ethan and Ehlana’s birthday.

Our Grade Nine exams today were English, Computers, and Art, and while that probably sounds fairly easy; even our Art exam was fairly thorough and included a lot of questions that ranged from art history to techniques and artist biographies.  None of that was a problem for me, and Michael and Rowen were very happy with how their exams went too; but the best part of the exam news for my class was that most of my classmates were having a good day as well – whether that was being happy with doing well-enough to pass or expecting to have better grades than normal thanks to all of the extra studying.

I’m sure that’s why everyone showed up for our studying at my house; and we had our after-school session in the back yard – mostly so we could also go for a swim if we wanted to do that; and have more room to spread out while we worked.  Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana were there for a while until moving on to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house for the birthday dinner.  Mom had dinner ready for us before she left too; but Rowen and I were in charge of getting the food set out when it was time to eat – and deal with the clean-up once we were finished.  Since the meal was cold salads, snacks, and Olde Bakery sub buns and fixings for sandwiches; the work and clean-up wasn’t difficult, though we did end up doing most of that work without much help.

There were a few different reasons for why Rowen and I did most of the pre and post-dinner work; with a bunch of the boys disappearing for baseball practices after we ate being one of the issues.  Studying continued through meal time too, and Rowen and I were tutoring a bit here and there even while doing other work – and while we were sitting down to eat with Michael and Tim.  Math was the biggest worry for most of my friends for the exams tomorrow, though as usual; I don’t think that some of my friends paid enough attention to getting ready for our Music and Spanish exams.  Yes, math is always one of the toughest subjects in high school, and is important for a lot of future college plans or careers; but I think that some of my friends forget that math and science counts exactly the same as Spanish or music for overall grade point average – and that can be a bigger deal in the end.  The good news this year is that at least all of my classmates have generally spent more time getting ready for all of our exams that they have in past years; and maybe all of the earlier studying will make a difference in the subjects they aren’t spending as much time on each night this week.

Let’s not make a big deal of that; and keep the update going so that I can wrap this up and get some sleep.

While Michael, Tim, and the other guys were busy with baseball practices, and once Rowen and I had the kitchen and yard cleaned up; we got back to serious studying and tutoring – and kept busy with that through until we wrapped up for the night at ten-thirty.  We wrapped up then because most of our country teens had already been picked up by then; and Rowen, Michael, and I convinced the rest of the crammers that staying up half the night wouldn’t help nearly as much as getting a decent night of rest would for being ready for our exams tomorrow.  Michael stayed long enough to help me with Ethan and Ehlana’s bedtime story after that; we got the birthday dinner report from them – and then a bit more of that story from Mom and Dad before Michael went home and Mom did my Magi lesson with me before sending me up to my room for the night.

The family business work has kept me busy for more than an hour after I was changed and in bed with Mandy, and the computer checks and email took a while to get done too; which is why it’s heading toward two o’clock already despite not doing any language or archive studying.  I’m actually feeling okay right now despite the long hours and busy day; but we’ll see if that trend continues for the rest of the week.

I don’t have any other news for tonight, and exams and studying will be the only action going on for me until we’re finished with them on Friday afternoon, so that’s all for now; and I’m going to spend some quality time in dreamland until it’ll be time to get up and going again in about four and a half hours.

That doesn’t sound like it’ll be long enough, but every minute of down time does count; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!