Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, June 15, 2015

Cassie's Journal - June 14, 2015



It’s been a hot, humid day with a bit of rain here and there that wasn’t nearly as much as originally forecast; but I wasn’t outdoors much anyway – and the bit of rain we did get during the day didn’t get in the way of the fun or work for anyone.

This has mostly been another work day for me except for while we were at church; but there were lots of fun moments that were liberally mixed in to keep everything entertaining.  Tai Chi by the river was as awesome as always; breakfast was amazing because I did that with Michael and his family; and the church service and Sunday school kept the fun going.  Once we got home from church, it was time for me to get to work.  First up was helping with the pot-luck lunch we hosted at our house for most of our family.  I helped with the cooking and set-up; took care of Zack and Leah while we ate; and then helped with the clean-up before most of us moved on to the med center for the afternoon.

While we were there, I split my time between helping out with the work and babysitting duties.  I get the feeling that my younger cousins are getting tired of all of the extra work their parents are doing right now, and while we still managed to mostly have fun when I was playing with them; I have to say that the work in the med center was easier than regular intervention with cranky kids.  I stayed and helped out until shortly before four o’clock, and then headed for the Inn with Michael once his afternoon break was over.  He’d spent most of that time with me – and with the twins and my cousins; and we were pretty much ready to take it easy for a while by the time we reached the kitchen at the Inn.

I’d make a joke about the buffet shift being easier than keeping up with my cousins, but while the work was less-stressful; it wasn’t easier – and it was also really, really hot in the kitchen.  We all took food breaks when we could fit them in; it was a tough handful of hours; and most of us were fairly wiped out by the time we went home after closing up for the night.

I stopped in at Michael’s on the way home for a cold drink and wind down chat with his parents and Rebecca.  Jake had gone home with Stephanie; and they were spending the night there.  While hanging out with Michael for a few hours of quality cuddle time would have been nice, I had work and studying to get home to; and was home by a quarter to eleven.  Mom and Dad were packing up their work for the night by then, so Mom did a very short Magi lesson with me; I stopped in to say goodnight to Ethan and Ehlana on my way up to my room; and then it was time for a soak in my Jacuzzi along with some family business work multi-tasking.  The work was done by the time I was out of the tub and ready for bed; so all I’ve had left to do since snuggling with Mandy and my computer was my archive assignment and just a bit of language studying that I did at the same time as the reading since it was audio-based work.

I finished that up about twenty minutes ago; did my last email and nightly computer checks after that; and I’ll be ready to drop by the time I wrap this up and get to the sleeping part of my night.  Fortunately, we won’t’ be doing any real work at school – just helping with the clean-up and doing the usual fun stuff like our play day, movies, and random fun and games.  I’ll also have the usual practices and work; more to do to help my family with whatever they need while getting the med center ready to open in a week; and hopefully a bit of extra-curricular fun with my friends too if we can fit that into our busy schedules.

Stayed tuned for those details, but that’s it for tonight; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!