Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Cassie's Journal - June 27, 2015



It’s been another beautiful weather day – this time nice and warm with lots of sunshine; but not too hot for the chores.  I could add that it has also been a perfect weather day for playing; so I’m sure that everyone around here getting to do that had a great day – especially all of the campers out at Quarry Lake and the other area campgrounds.

I’m wishing just a little bit that I’d gotten to be one of those people getting to play all day; but the work needed to get done if we want to have fun next weekend with our family and friends.

The yard work was hardly exciting, so I won’t bore you with all of the details; but mowing the grass, wedding gardens, and getting canoes and bikes ready for the holiday weekend were all on my to-do list – with help from Dad where needed.  We got started on that early; worked until a bit after twelve; I hit the shower and got ready for my ball game; and then took a sandwich and drink to go when Rowen picked me up on her way to the park so we’d be there in time for team warm-ups.

It was a perfect day for our game, and this week; we were up against the Fix-it Shop Stingrays.  We were the home team, and while that designation really didn’t matter that much in our little town; it did help to make for a shorter game today when we didn’t need to play the bottom of the final inning.  There wasn’t a big turnout of spectators for the match; and even my usually robust cheering section only had Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana because Dad stayed home to keep working and my aunts, uncles, and cousins were all busy too.

Since I’ve already mentioned that we didn’t need to use our last at-bat, you know that our Piranha team won the game; and we did that fairly convincingly by a score of eleven-to-five.  The highlights for Rowen and I were two double plays on defense; and one triple, two doubles, three base hits, and six RBI’s between us.  Michael came over to catch the end of the game while on his afternoon break, but Tim was busy all afternoon and couldn’t come to watch us play too.  While Michael’s break timing had been so that he could spend time with me instead of just watching me playing baseball with my friends.

I was okay with that plan, but for the record; our boys don’t seem to have that same issue when it comes to having Rowen and me watching their football games.

Michael’s break time plan for spending time with me didn’t really end up being all that much of a break for him.  Rowen and I skipped the post-game ice cream run to the Emporium; we all went back to my house for a swim and snack break there; and then I needed to get back to work on my chores while Rowen moved on to check in at the computer store with her parents before eventually meeting up with Tim to spend the rest of the day with him.  My work was a bit more fun while Michael stayed and helped out, but he eventually needed to get back to the Inn; and Dad and I kept working until nearly seven o’clock.

Mom had worked inside most of the day; and pre-cooking for the holiday weekend was a big part of her jobs for the day.  One advantage of her efforts was that she made a bit extra of several dishes and combined them for our dinner.  We had that meal out on the back porch; I took care of the clean-up with support from Ethan and Ehlana; and then I hit the shower again to get cleaned up before taking the rest of the night off.  Since Dad had most of his work done already, he and Mom took the night off too.  We watched a movie in the living room that Michael caught the last half of after getting here from the Inn; he and I did the bedtime routine with the twins; and then we came up to the lounge to hang out – I mean make out – for a couple of hours.

There was a movie on the television that we didn’t watch, and while I still could give you the details of that show thanks to my photographic memory; I can also assure you that the memories that Michael and I made together were way more interesting – and hot! ;^)

Since that was definitely the highlight of my day, I’ll end this update there – and hopefully take those happy memories into dreamland with me.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!