Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Cassie's Journal - September 9, 2013



Thank-you Ethan and Ehlana!  Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!

They’re responsible for getting the parental and council approval to let Michael and me ‘know’ about each other; and we’re going to be allowed to do everything that Rowen and I get to do together – including taking lessons!

I don’t care in the slightest that my adorable brother and sister have been holding out on me and keeping secrets.  The most important little piece of information that they had and I didn’t was that Michael knew about us too – he was the first kid to sense Mom’s shielding when she was pregnant with Ethan and Ehlana.  He didn’t really have to make much of a leap to decide that Miranda wasn’t giving him all of the information about why Mom needed to shield the babies; and he was sure that all four of us were Magi Masters.

Michael and I were given the big news tonight by our Moms after we all had dinner together at our house; and our fathers were sent off to play with Rebecca, Ethan, and Ehlana on the pretense that we were going to be given the list of school year dating rules.  We were given those for show too, but it wasn’t as if we really needed them.  While I’m thinking about that, Aunt Leanne apparently offered to help with those rules; but Dad was against that idea for some reason.  I definitely need to get more details about Aunt Leanne’s teen dating stories!

One thing that isn’t as much fun is that Michael and Rowen aren’t allowed to know about each other too.  I get that the council is taking this one step at a time; but that’s going to make things weird for us sometimes – well, mostly for me; since they won’t know that I can use my Magi gifts with each of them.  I have some other orders from the council too that Michael doesn’t have because he doesn’t need them.  While I’ll already be joining the band starting tomorrow, I’m supposed to get more involved with other ‘normal’ activities much more than I have so far at school and church; and do more things with non-Magi kids.  Parts of that news were delivered to me later without Michael; and I can’t really disagree that I need to do everything the council has suggested.  Mom and Miranda are going to be nudging me along with that; so I expect some changes in my near-future lifestyle.

I’d say the trade-off is worth it and then some!

We didn’t have much time to actually do anything Magi-related during that little meeting, but Mom and I got to learn about Michael’s talents; and he’s right at the top of the Magi power range.  Since we could actually use our power, and I can get a more accurate reading of that when I ‘push’ my senses; Michael is probably one of the strongest Magi in Witch Falls.  I wonder if that had some affect on the connection I felt with him that first day we met.  Too bad I can’t teach him how to sense other Magi – he might be even better at it than Uncle Adam – though I guess we can test that theory in another five years after he’s eighteen.

After that little meeting, Mom and Miranda went to meet up with everyone else at the park, but Michael and I stayed and had a music practice to get ready for class in the morning and our first band practice after school.  We practiced for a half hour, and spent a few minutes celebrating the Magi news in a non-verbal sort of way.  I don’t mean telepathically either, because our families were back home by then; and we weren’t thinking along those lines at the time anyway. :^)

This is probably a good point to back up at and cover the rest of the daily report; and there was some other news from around town.  The physically biggest update would be the construction project progress at the lab.  The steel beam framing is basically done now, and the roof – except for the greenhouse atrium – will be on by the end of this week.  The project is still ahead of schedule for having the building completely closed in by Thanksgiving.  That’s working out great for other projects, with the next biggest being the first apartment building.  The construction started on it today; and the plan is to have it up and closed in by winter too so the construction crews can work on the apartments all winter.

Compared to all of that, the rest of our day was uneventful, but Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I are starting to get a routine together.  Monday and Tuesday mornings are going to be Tai Chi and breakfast at our own houses for Michael and me; and then we meet up with Rowen for the walk to school.  Rebecca’s walked with us every day so far, but heads off to hang out with Jenny and the rest of their high school friends once we get there.  I guess we’re sort of into another year of separation until we hit high school too; but this isn’t as bad as it was when Rebecca and Jenny crossed over – at least with Rebecca and me.  Jenny’s doing her own thing right now; and that doesn’t include hanging out with ‘kids’.

On nice weather days, I’ll guess that there will be football games at noon after we eat; and Rowen and I will play too when there aren’t too many guys vying for spots on the teams.  I guess Rowen and I won’t be hiding in the music room at least for a while this year; so there’s something else that should make the members of the Magi council happy.

After school homework on Monday is going to be at my house; but we weren’t there for long today because we didn’t have much work to do; and Tim was motivated to get done so we could go to the park and he and Michael could play football.  We didn’t take Ethan and Ehlana along this time so that Rowen and I could bike the trails while the guys played football with their buddies; but we did get back home again in time to take them swimming before Rowen and Tim needed to go home.  They had fun teasing us a bit about having family dinners after finding out that Mom and Dad had invited the Stone family over tonight, but they can just keep on teasing us because I really love getting to spend more time with his family.  Jacob was supposed to get a night off from cooking, but couldn’t resist contributing one special side dish that went perfectly with the chicken entree that Mom cooked up along with the usual taters and veggies.  Dessert was actually of the home-made variety because Mom wanted to use up some apples and made an apple crisp in a large casserole dish.  We get so spoiled with the Olde Bakery sometimes that I almost forget just how good Mom is at making desserts from the unending recipes available to us in the archives.

The top dinner topics tonight were college kids, work, and school; with a little family business nudging mixed in while we talked about the Inn.  That was mostly discussing possibilities for when Jake and Stephanie get home from college, and thanks in part to Miranda’s job with the family business; dreams for a bigger and better Inn to leave to their kids is an option that Jacob and Miranda are seriously considering.  Those dreams aren’t exactly central to our own family’s future plans; but it is very important for Michael’s family – and a lot of other people in town.

Other than the post-dinner clean-up, I’ve covered the highlights of the evening up until the bedtime snack and story for Ethan and Ehlana.  The twins bribed Miranda for that story in exchange for bakery treats, but it was the hugs and kisses that actually worked on her; since bakery treats are available every day at the Inn anyway.  Dad is pretty good at bedtime stories, but nobody is better than Miranda; and she kept all of us entertained with her little tale of local folklore.  Ethan and Ehlana needed to have baths after that so they’d be ready for a KidZone play day, so Mom and Dad took them upstairs to do that while Jacob, Miranda, and Rebecca went home; and Michael and I went for a little walk before doing the goodnight hug and kiss on his front porch when it was time to split up for the night.

We didn’t want to break any of our new dating rules on the first nigh!

I was home in time to help tuck Ethan and Ehlana in for the night, and then I came up to my room while Mom and Dad went to do a little work in the office.  After getting changed, I sat in the window alcove with my computer and got to work on my language studies first.  My biggest problem with my current language group is finding online chat buddies to practice the specific dialects with.  Books can be an issue too, but I can always practice translating if needed; while I really need to hear real, live people to learn the nuances of a dialect; and multi-lingual chat buddies are best.

Searching for new online friends slowed my lessons down a bit tonight, but I multi-tasked some archive studying while doing that.  Mom didn’t do a lesson with me tonight – other than what little bit we did with Michael and Miranda – but there’s always more studying I can do in the archives; and I do know where our lessons in each talent are going so it’s easy enough to work ahead.  There was some family business work to take care of too; so I’ve put in nearly four hours tonight including the nightly computer checks and this journal update.

I’ve had enough fun for now, and need to try to get some sleep even though I’m still really fired up about Michael and I getting to use our Magi powers together – if we manage to get a little alone time now and then to actually do that.  Our first telepathic chat with Mandy, for instance, should be a remember-forever moment!

This will definitely make the next few months as interesting as it was for Rowen and me - especially after we were able to use our talents behind my shields and wards.

Okay, it won’t be quite the same with my boyfriend, but let’s save those thoughts for my dreams and call it a night!

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!