Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cassie's Journal - September 13, 2013



Happy 13th birthday, Karla!

I wouldn’t have tried to worry her, but Tim and some of the other guys had no problem teasing Karla about having her thirteenth birthday on Friday the Thirteenth, in 2013 – in a place like Witch Falls.

What could possibly be ominous about that? ;^)

It’s a good thing that the joint gift we’d picked up for Karla was really nice, or she might have gotten annoyed with Tim after a while.  Tim wasn’t the only teen or kid having fun with the Friday the Thirteenth in Witch Falls theme today, but nothing particularly scary happened today – except to the Meadowvale team at the game tonight.  Kyle Landry happened to them; but I’ll get to that in a bit.

First up was Tai Chi by the river, and I’m working on teaching my trio of martial arts students a competition form that builds on the short forms they’ve been learning so far.  Nothing has really changed since Monday with our morning exercise, but we all find it amusing that we’re all in on the normal toddler act that Ethan and Ehlana need to maintain – and that Michael has been putting on his own act to a certain extent so that it doesn’t look like he’s learning faster than he should.  We’ll talk about it with Mom and Dad, but once we need to move our workouts indoors for the winter, we won’t need to do that; and Michael, Ethan, and Ehlana may be able to do a lot more in public by spring just because the twins will be going on three and have nearly a year of lessons behind them by then.

Michael went home for breakfast today, and while I like spending the time with him, the excuse for an extra good morning kiss when we meet up again to walk to school with Rowen and Rebecca is a nice trade-off.  I have most of the joint gifts we bought for our friends at my house, so I had it with me; but gave it to Michael and Tim and let them decide how to surprise Karla with it.  They gave it to her this afternoon during computer class – at exactly 13:13 – though it took some of our classmates a few moments to catch on to the reason for that timing.

That was one of the most entertaining few minutes of the school day, but the fun really got started once we were set free for the day after last class.  Tim was thinking about playing football again at the park, but Michael, Rowen, and I managed to talk him into biking the trails again instead since we’d be having a full-immersion football night anyway.  Dinner was at my house tonight, so after spending an hour or so on the trails we went for a swim with Ethan and Ehlana before sitting out on the back porch for a hamburgers, fries, and cold salads meal.  I was surprised to find out that dinner and a movie night wasn’t on, but it was really only cancelled because I wasn’t the only person in the family with other plans tonight; and Aunt Leanne and Aunt Deborah both let Mom know earlier that they wanted to skip it because they were out of steam after a busy week.  Aunt Leanne is seriously ready to have her baby anytime now even though she still has about a month to go.  By the time you reads these journals, Aunt Leanne, I’ll guess that you’ll believe the wait was worth it.

We split up after helping with the clean-up long enough to grab showers and get ready for the game; and I had Mom, Dad, and the twins with me when Michael met up with us outside and we took a side trip to Rowen’s to collect her on our way to the school.  That really was a game-time decision that Mom had left up to Dad; since he has work to get done this weekend before heading to Crystal Springs on Monday.  He decided to get Ethan to a game on what might end up being the best weather we’ll have for a home game this season – not too hot, and not too cold or rainy.  Having my family with us made a big difference from the first home game; and this definitely did not feel like a date night.  We all had a lot of fun, and Ethan and Ehlana helped to entertain everyone around them as we watched the game.

I wouldn’t rank the game very high on any list for best games ever, though our team played great.  The problem was that Meadowvale couldn’t do anything to stop Kyle Landry tonight; and he didn’t allow them to really even get close enough for a reasonable shot at a field goal let alone pose a touchdown threat.  Coach Robinson slowed our team down after our third touchdown to keep from totally embarrassing the Meadowvale players; and we started kicking field goals instead.  Even with defensive turnovers, our guys would run out of bounds or down the ball instead of trying to get to the end-zone.  Okay, that would mostly all be on Kyle too, and it’s not as if the Meadowvale players never made good plays; but if we hadn’t held back, the score would have been way more lopsided that forty-nine to zero.

That change in game plan sure made our kicker happy – he earned twenty-five points on seven field goals and four extra points; and was the first player to outscore Kyle in a game for our team in quite a while.  Holding back on the offense while keeping an air-tight defense isn’t as easy as it may sound, but our guys pulled it off; and managed to do it without being so obvious that the Meadowvale players and fans would have a reason to be mad at us.  Division rivalries are tough enough without adding grudges to the mix.

The post-game celebration kept us busy for a while, but we didn’t hang around for all of it; and Michael, Tim, and Rowen came home with me so that we could wrap up our night watching a movie in the lounge.  We needed to do the bedtime snack and story time with Ethan and Ehlana first, but once they were tucked in for the night, we came up to the lounge while Mom and Dad decided to do some work in the office.

By then I was glad that Michael and Tim didn’t mind watching a movie instead of playing video games.  It’s a lot easier to cuddle with Michael when you don’t have all of the body motion that goes along with playing video games.  Rowen and I didn’t try to push our luck by suggesting a chick flick, but I don’t really mind watching martial arts action movies – especially when it’s the cuddling part of the ritual that I’m really interested in.

Lights out, movie on, and sectional sofas are helping Rowen and Tim get more comfortable too – at least when it’s just Michael and me with them.  The boys were at opposite corners of the sofa, and I tried to do my little part by tossing a pillow at Rowen for a hint while I was stretching out across Michael and our half of the sofa with my head resting on the arm of the sofa while Michael wrapped his arms around my shoulders and waist.  Dropping the pillow in Tim’s lap and then stretching out too was another big-little step for Rowen, but none of us made a big deal of it; and they seemed to get comfortable soon enough.  Tim didn’t wrap his arms around Rowen at first, but as we all got into the movie; I noticed three times where he rested his hand on her waist or hip for a while without seeming to notice for a while.  He stroked her hair sometimes too, and definitely had his arm around her waist for nearly ten minutes during a particularly action-packed scene near the end of the movie.

They didn’t share any kisses while we were together, but Michael and I put the same clean-up plan in action this week that we used last time; and while Rowen and I didn’t get to have any girl-chat time tonight, I know they spent more time kissing than cleaning while Michael and I were in the kitchen washing glasses and snack bowls.  I can’t say that Michael and I didn’t take advantage of the alone time too – especially since Dad came into the kitchen for drink refills and caught us sharing a kiss.  He teased us about that, but he’ll eventually figure out that I heard and sensed him coming toward us, and the reason I didn’t break off that kiss is because he and Michael both need to get used to that sort of thing happening – just as I had to get used to Mom and Dad when they first started dating.

We were finished washing up in the kitchen before Rowen and Tim reappeared, so Michael and I went into the office to talk with Mom and Dad while we waited.  They may have lost track of time for a few minutes, but Rowen and Tim joined us with enough time left that they could still get home before midnight.  I went out to the front porch with them to say goodnight, and stayed out there long enough to watch Michael and Rowen get to their homes before going inside again.  I don’t think that Tim was even consciously paying attention to the fact that he automatically walked Rowen home before continuing on to his place; but they didn’t even hold hands while in public, and there wasn’t a goodnight kiss either.  They are making progress, though, so that’s probably just a matter of time before they’re ready for front porch goodnight kisses.

It’s not as if Michael and I were setting off any fireworks on my front porch tonight while we had friends with us – and probably at least a couple of other witnesses in neighboring homes.  We’ll try to do better tomorrow night!

For now, I’m ready to get some sleep; so it’s time to switch to condensed mode.  I stopped in for another little visit with Mom and Dad, but they were just about ready to go to bed too; so we were soon all on our way up to our rooms.  I got changed; climbed into bed with Mandy; and started working on my computer.  The nightly checks didn’t take long, but I did some work in the archives for more than an hour before getting started on this update.  That included a bit of studying along with some new work on the Magi Project archive; but all of that work was really just something to do while I wound down from a busy day.  Instead of repeating any of that work here, if you’re interested in our Magi Project; just cross-reference the date and read all about my latest research and hypotheses there.

I’m fully wound down now, and that’s all the news for today; so it’s time for Mandy, my computer, and me to go to sleep.  One of us has another big clean-up day to rest up for; along with whatever Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I end up doing for fun tomorrow too.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!