Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Cassie's Journal - September 7, 2013



Let’s start with the teen news that’s hot off the town grapevine.  Jenny has a new love interest as of last night.  That news came to me through Michael, from Rebecca; and Jenny has apparently decided that Garth Green, the only Grade Nine student to make the football team, should have a cheerleader girlfriend.  That decision might have something to do with the fact that Garth’s big sister, Erin, is head cheerleader and dating the captain of the football team; but then Garth has hit a growth spurt too, so maybe she’s just finally getting around to noticing him for the first time in a boyfriend-potential sort of way.

Compared to that, my day was pretty boring; though I’m okay with that.  Rowen slept in while I was exercising by the river, but she and Michael were both happy to get in on the country breakfast that Mom and Dad put together for us before Michael went home and Rowen headed over to the computer store.  I needed that extra energy because Dad and I spent the next four hours doing our chores before stopping for a late lunch at one-thirty.  Nothing exciting to report there – just a lot of hot, sometimes dirty work.

Rowen had already eaten by then, but she came over in time to hop in the river with me before I ate; and she played with Ethan and Ehlana since they’d eaten earlier while Dad and I had pushed through to get the work done.  Michael came over when he was on his afternoon break from the Inn; and we went for another swim – this time with Ethan and Ehlana too – before hopping on our bikes and going for a ride.  Tim was busy, so he wasn’t able to go with us as we first toured the construction sites and then did some trail riding at the park.

We wrapped up Michael’s afternoon break with a snack and drinks back at my house, and then Rowen and I played with Ethan and Ehlana for a while after he went back to the Inn until she needed to meet up with her parents and get ready for the plans they had for dinner and the evening.  I had a couple of quiet hours after she left while helping Mom to make dinner for five; help Ethan and Ehlana entertain our parents while we ate; and then join the clean-up crew of three before we all went for a walk to the park for some playground action.

One good thing about the summer holidays being over is that business at the Inn drops off dramatically.  I’m sure there are lots of business owners who wouldn’t like that; but it is normal for towns like Witch Falls that have a lot of seasonal tourism in the region.  What I like about business being slower at the Inn is that Michael gets the opportunities to get out of work early more often; and tonight he was able to meet up with us at the park in time to catch the end of our playground time.

Ethan and Ehlana loved that, and getting to go for a bedtime swim with us after we got home.  Michael and I left them with Mom and Dad after that while we had some music play time both on our saxophones and having a guitar lesson.  We took a break for the goodnight hugs and kisses when it was time to tuck Ethan and Ehlana in for the night, and then we came back up to my room to do about half of our homework before ending our evening with some quality cuddle time on the sofa while we sort-of-didn’t-really-watch something on television.

We should definitely plan for more Saturday evening Michael and me only nights!

He went home at eleven after we shared a fairly entertaining front porch kiss.  Note to me: pay more attention to who else might be out on their front porches enjoying the cool night air before bedtime.  Then again, I wouldn’t have wanted to miss out on that kiss or the fun we had because of the whistles and hushed teasing.

I wasn’t going to do any major work or studying tonight, but after getting changed and into bed with Mandy; I decided to get a head start on my language studies schedule for next week so that I might be able to cut back a bit on the late nights.  An hour of extra work now won’t make a huge difference, but it will help a bit; and I’ll still be sleeping by one o’clock tonight.  There isn’t any email news to report, but it is Saturday night; and I didn’t actually expect my college cousins and friends to be spending their evening writing long update emails to me.  I’m sure that whatever they are doing instead is more exciting than anything going on in Witch Falls tonight; but I wouldn’t trade the campus party scene for a quiet night at home with Michael even if most other teens and tweens might think that’s weird.

Since there isn’t anything else to report, and I really do want to get some sleep now; I’m going to put my computer away, snuggle with Mandy, and call it a night.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!