Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Cassie's Journal - September 27, 2013



A Day Two schedule Friday and dinner and a movie night are a pretty good combination for a good start to the weekend!

Tai Chi was fun, and I got to keep Michael with us for breakfast before he hurried home to get ready for school.  We hadn’t practiced our music last night, but that didn’t really hurt us at all for music class; and all of that helped to keep me happy all day as we worked through the rest of our classes.  That included writing tests in English this morning and Geography during last class; but I don’t exactly need to get stressed about any of my tests.

The big change from our normal Friday happened after school.  Since we’re going to be away tomorrow, I needed to mow the lawn today.  Tim was going with his Uncle Lee to our team’s football game in Three Rivers, but Michael and Rowen both decided to help me with the work; so I let Rowen use the riding mower while I did the trimming with the push mower and Michael brought their riding mower over and used it.  Doing the cuts around the trees, gardens, and along the riverbank doesn’t really take all that long; so I gave the gardens a quick once-over too while Michael and Rowen finished cutting the grass.  We all hopped into the river after that to cool off – which didn’t take long now that the river is really cooling down a lot each night.  We certainly didn’t want to stay in the water for long; and Ethan and Ehlana weren’t interested in going in with us today.  Michael had changed into his swimsuit after taking his lawnmower home, and needed to go back again to get cleaned up and changed for the dinner and a movie part of our night.  That gave Rowen and I time to do our hair; and she’d just shopped in my room for both the swimsuit and clothes to wear for the rest of the evening.

Mom had cooking help from Grandma and Grandpa while I’d been busy, and we only had them – and Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne – with us for dinner this week.  It’s Uncle Nick’s birthday on Monday, so he and Aunt Deborah took Leah on a road trip to visit her family; though they’ll be back on Sunday.  From what I heard tonight, there’s probably a kid-free five-star hotel sleepover in Uncle Nick’s future too; but that’s apparently a surprise that he won’t find out about until tomorrow sometime.

Grandpa took care of most of the grilling tonight, and he cooked up chicken and shish-kabobs while Mom and Grandma whipped up a broccoli casserole and scalloped potatoes.  Add in the bakery desserts that Mom had picked up today while Ethan and Ehlana had been at KidZone; and we were all very happy campers by the time we waddled into the living room to watch Spooky Buddies after finishing the kitchen clean-up.

Not having the whole gang with us tonight worked out great for the movie; since we didn’t need to bring in extra chairs and have anyone feeling uncomfortable by the end of the show – or split up and do a different movie in the lounge like we have been doing lately.  I like the kid-time too; but don’t want to completely miss out on movie nights with my favorite grown-ups either.

Speaking of uncomfortable, though, I think Rowen was feeling a bit out of place when we first sat down to watch the movie; and then Ethan helped out with that by happily hopping into her lap and getting Aunt Leanne teasing him about getting in trouble with Tim for trying to move in on Rowen while he was out of town.  It’s a bit weird that he and Ehlana need to play normal toddlers when Michael and Rowen are both with us even though they each know the truth about my brother and sister, but in this case; it was funny to listen to Ethan essentially explain to everyone that he and Rowen are both single, he loves her, and isn’t worried about Tim.

Having a cuddle buddy for that movie worked out fine for Rowen, but she quickly opted to go home after that instead of staying to watch a second movie in the lounge with Michael and me – even after Ethan offered to stay up late with her.  Mom vetoed that offer anyway, and Michael and I were okay with having some alone time before he had to go home for the night.  We did stay downstairs long enough to help with the clean-up; see the rest of our guests on their way home; and then get Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night on our way up to the lounge before settling in to watch another Halloween movie and spend some quality time making out for an hour and a half or so.

I don’t want to turn my journal into a literary voyeur’s paradise, but I certainly hope that making out with my boyfriend will be a very important part of my life for the foreseeable future; and I’m sure that Michael and I are both spending a fair bit of our time thinking about it in between those opportunities.  Without getting too graphic, it wasn’t quite as hot tonight as it was last weekend, though partial nudity was involved; we had fun; and were very happy campers by the time Michael needed to go home.

After seeing Michael out and sharing a few more kisses on the front porch, I had a little visit with Mom and Dad in the office before we all came upstairs to our rooms.  We need to be up early to hit the road for Crystal Springs, so I put a one o’clock time limit on my work tonight.  We’re almost there now, and I don’t have anything exciting to report from my studies or work; so it’s time to shut down and get some sleep so I’ll be ready for a busy travel and play day.  Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!