Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, September 23, 2013

Cassie's Journal - September 22, 2013



I wasn’t the only one thinking about last night when Michael and I shared our good morning hug and kiss before Tai Chi this morning; and I’m just as sure that our smiles were affected by those thoughts and memories too.  It’s a good thing that I had those memories too because there wasn’t any alone time for Michael and me today.  We spent lots of time together today, but had lots of people around us too except for a few minutes here and there while we were working at the Inn during the buffets.

We exercised with Ethan and Ehlana while Mom and Dad did their own workout; and then Michael went home for breakfast while I stayed to help Mom and Dad with making breakfast and getting Ehlana ready for church.  The Seagers and Ayres had the spotlight at church today; and Eli was the little star.  I didn’t even try to get a turn holding him today, but that won’t be a problem in the future – my brother and sister are best friends with Eli’s big sister; so we’ll be able to come up with lots of excuses to spend time with them.

That’s the only news from church except that a ‘bring-what-you-have’ barbeque lunch was set up for family and friends at our house; so after walking with Michael to the Inn I needed to hurry home to get changed and help out with the work.  We were busy for about an hour before the tables were set up and the food was ready; and then it was mostly play time while we ate through until I went to help out at the Inn.  Rowen and I supervised the kids while we had a lunch picnic on the dock or sitting along the riverbank; and then we were sent over to the park to play with them while the adults took care of a quick and easy clean-up.

Mom and Dad were among the adults that came over to the park to play once they were done the work; and the park was a popular place to be this afternoon.  Dad was one of the guys drafted for the ‘old guys’ football team when a pick-up game was put together; and Patrick and Scott got to join Tim and some of the older boys to play against the men's team.  Ethan got to have quite a few football moments, and he ‘played’ for both teams – first with Dad and Uncle Adam; and later with Michael when he joined the game during his afternoon break from the Inn.

Michael and I got to have some play time during his break too, though with Ethan, Ehlana, Rowen, Tim, and a bunch of other kids and parents hanging around the playground with us; it wasn’t anything like our play time last night.  That’s probably a good thing, since while I’m not shy; I don’t plan on making any public displays of nudity ever.

Call me old-fashioned, but it’s just the way I am.

We had fun at the Inn too, though I spent more time working with Rebecca tonight while Michael spent most of the time helping out on the cleaning crew because they were a bit short-handed tonight.  That was also why we stopped to eat shortly after the second buffet started so that he could be back and helping out again once the dirty dishes started rolling in after the diners had finished the first round of trips to the buffet tables.  I stayed until Miranda sent Michael and Rebecca home for the night; though Michael grabbed his computer bag from his house and came home with me so we could blast through the homework we hadn’t gotten done yet this weekend.  We did that in the lounge, but Ethan and Ehlana came upstairs with us so we could all have a telepathic chat while we worked.  They had fun helping us with our homework too, though it didn’t really take long to get our work finished; thanks to a little Magi-powered assistance.

Michael headed home when Mom was ready to put Ethan and Ehlana into the tub after a park play day, so we did our goodnight hug and kisses on my front porch – cutting them short when Miranda started whistling at us as she and Jacob turned the corner onto Riverview on their way home from closing the Inn.  That gave us an excuse for one last goodnight kiss just because Miranda would find it funny, and she did laugh a few times between then and when she put an arm around Michael and they all waved goodnight to me before going inside for the night.

I helped Mom with the rest of bath time after that, and Dad joined us for the snack and story time before we tucked Ethan and Ehlana in for the night.  Mom did a short Magi lesson with me after that, and then we all went to bed.  That let me get a comparatively early start on my nightly computing and studies; though I multi-tasked the first part of that with some quality Jacuzzi time too after my own park play time and the work at the Inn.  As expected, I had extra email too, and while it was fun hearing about the latest college action; there really isn’t anything new to report from Violet, Stephanie, Christina, or Isabelle this week.  They’re all pretty much settled into routines now; having fun; and doing pretty well in all of their courses.

My language studies are coming along slowly with the batch of dialects I’m learning right now, but I sped through my archive homework; and only had a bit of family business work that needed to be done by Monday.  Since I was running ahead of schedule, I did a full check of Hathorne Industries too.  There’s still no sign of anything we need to be immediately worried about, but they’re still doing a lot of really bad things around the world that I wish we could do more about to stop them.  Gwyneth’s public displays of brilliance continue to get attention; and she’s continuing to follow a learning track that’s similar to those of other child prodigies.  The only thing we can’t find out through the Hathorne systems is how her Magi training and development is coming along.  Gawain will be able to teach her some things; but she’ll be at an even bigger disadvantage than Mom was when it comes to learning the abilities of a Magi Master.

Of course, that might be a good thing; but could also be more dangerous if she learns to do things without having control over her talents.  There aren’t any archive records about that kind of thing with Dark Magi, but there are cases of untrained Magi of the Light who weren’t able to be trained for one reason or another; and most of those cases involved some very bad experiences.  I don’t want to imagine what could happen with an out-of-control Dark Magi Master.

That isn’t a great tone to end this update on; so let’s do a quick check on the week ahead.

The main action will be on the weekend with Valerie’s first birthday party in Crystal Springs on Saturday and Michael’s thirteenth birthday here on Sunday.  We haven’t made any plans for after school on Michael’s days off tomorrow and Tuesday, but he and I should shoot for some more alone time before we get back into the work part of our week.  Our football team is playing away games for the next three weeks, and while Rowen and I don’t plan on going to any of those games; Tim wants to go to all of them; and may drag Michael along with him.  That third game is on the Fall Festival weekend, so Tim may change his mind about that; and if I can actually swing some more alone time for Michael and me I have a strong feeling that he’ll pick that time with me over football with Tim.

If not, I’ll just take my clothes off again and convince him – Michael – that he’s making the wrong decision.  ;^)

That’s a much more entertaining way to wrap this up, so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!