Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, September 27, 2013

Cassie's Journal - September 26, 2013



It was boys against the girls for game night at the Inn; and that was Miranda’s excuse for having Mom as her partner again this week while Dad teamed up with Jacob for the night.  I don’t know if she’ll come up with something else for next week, but that plan did earn Miranda a repeat senior championship; and everyone had fun with the forced partner switch-ups.

Rowen and I didn’t win the junior championship, but neither did Michael and Tim; and we did end up two places ahead of the boys.  It would have been great to report that Jacob and Dad had won the senior championship just to mess up Miranda’s grand scheme, but they were having more fun playing with Ethan and Ehlana than with the games; and pretty much ended up near the bottom of the standings where Jacob’s teams usually placed each week regardless of who he was partnering with.  He’d win for most fun team a lot of weeks, though!

My day up until we went to the Inn after school was fairly uneventful.  It was a standard school day morning at home and nothing particularly exciting happened while we were at school.  Rowen and Tim did their homework with Michael and me at the Inn before moving on when we needed to help out in the kitchen; and Michael, Rebecca, and I had a lot of fun together while mostly helping out with the prep line and some dishwashing.  The three of us had our dinner break together too; and Rebecca and I helped out with setting up the games while the dining room was cleaned up and the last few dinner guests finished their desserts and after-dinner drinks.

While I’m thinking about working at the Inn, I haven’t yet mentioned in my journal that Jenny isn’t spending much time at the Inn right now – just as she wasn’t working with Rebecca as often while dating Joel during the summer.  Being a cheerleader is part of that, and so is wanting to spend time with her new boyfriend; but she still stops in to chat with Rebecca now and then too.  Hopefully the extra time I’m spending there now will help Rebecca a little while she’s missing that extra time with her best friend.

Moving along, after game night, Michael walked home with me – and with nearly all of the gamers heading home in the same direction as us.  When the goodnight kisses teasing started this time, I took Michael’s hand and led him into his house so we could take care of that without an audience.  Aunt Leanne and Aunt Grace were waiting to tease me some more at my house, but those private goodnight kisses were worth it.

Once they’d had their fun with me, my aunts let their husbands take them home; and I started helping Mom with Ethan and Ehlana’s baths while Dad got to work in the office.  We multi-tasked that with a Magi lesson that worked on water element manipulation; and then we did the bedtime snack and story with Dad in the office before getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night.

Mom did my lesson after that, and then I did some multi-tasking too.  I got my language studies out of the way while soaking in my Jacuzzi, and then took a break from the work while doing my hair.  It was almost twelve-thirty by the time I climbed into bed with Mandy and got started on my archive assignments; and that was nearly two and a half hours ago.  The archive studying was followed by some work on our Magi Project archive; and then I got into some family business work after checking my email and receiving some project updates.

It’s almost three o’clock, and I’m seriously ready for the nap I still have time for; so that’s all for tonight, folks.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!