Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, September 13, 2013

Cassie's Journal - September 12, 2013

Thursday is definitely going to be one of my nights at the Inn.  Michael and I did our homework with Tim and Rowen after school; I stayed to help out in the kitchen and have dinner with him; and then we were reunited with our best friends for game night.

We’ve had a bit of rain off and on today, but that didn’t get in the way of Tai Chi, and Michael stayed for breakfast before going home to get ready for school.  Starting the school day with music really is great, and while we’re excited to be in the school band already; Michael and I prefer the more challenging first and second saxophone parts we get to play in our class over the much simpler parts we’re being given to play in band practice.

The rest of our classes rolled along without anything to report except that the girls in our class spent a lot of time talking about Karla’s birthday party tomorrow night while the boys were still stuck in football mode.  Rowen and I weren’t really in on the girl chat because we weren’t invited to Karla’s party.  Michael and Tim weren’t invited either, and that was fine with them because they didn’t want to miss the football game anyway.  Karla is currently spending a lot of time with the other single girls in our class; and I’ll take a not-so-wild guess that Vanessa and Nora had something to do with nudging the four of us into being excluded from the party guest list – though Rowen and I haven’t been to any of Karla’s birthday parties since I moved here anyway for various reasons.  (Small party, couples only, etc.)

We had a bit of extra homework to do tonight because this is a Day Two schedule Friday week; so we don’t have the extra day to get our assignments done – and quizzes and tests are now an option for our teachers too.  We were getting some afternoon showers, so Tim wasn’t in any hurry to go play football or anything, but Michael and I needed to help out with getting ready for the dinner rush; so we didn’t take any longer getting our work done than needed.

I teased Rowen about leaving with Tim after we were done studying and coming back with him when they got to the Inn for game night; but the second half of that really was just coincidence that they arrived at the same time with their families – though she wouldn’t have had a problem with it if they had spent those couple of hours together.  Unfortunately, she’s still too shy on her own to do something radical like invite him for dinner with her family; and Tim’s still trying to figure out how he feels about Rowen and what to do about it.  At the rate they’re going, I’ll predict that they’ll be friends with benefits for a while longer before working things out.

They’ll be junior game night champions for at least a week too.  Michael and I dropped out of the top five tonight, possibly because we had Ethan and Ehlana distracting us more than they helped; but we had so much fun together we didn’t care.  The junior competition was still a bit lighter than usual, but we had a few more kids and teens stop by for something to do while it was too wet to play outside anyway.

Mom and Dad had taken a chance on the weather and walked to the Inn, and we were getting a sprinkling of rain for the walk home; but we didn’t really get very wet.  This week, we stayed to help out with the post-gaming clean-up and then we walked home with Michael and his family.  That was a bit too much company for fireworks-worthy goodnight kisses, but Michael and I will survive; and we’ll try to make up for that on the weekend.

The rest of my evening has been a blur of action.  I helped Mom with the full bath and bedtime routine for Ethan and Ehlana; we did a Magi lesson after that; and I hopped into my Jacuzzi and got to work on my computer after that.  Putting in four hours of work after I come up to my room is a lot tougher to do when you don’t get started until after eleven o’clock, and I’ve already needed to blow my plan to stop working by two o’clock.  If I didn’t have some Magi-powered options; I’d be drinking a lot of caffeine-rich beverages tomorrow just to stay awake.

It’s going to be three-thirty by the time I get to sleep if I hurry this up and put my computer away for the night.  I’ve had longer afternoon naps than the sleep time I have left tonight; but I’ll deal with that, and keep trying to find a better way to juggle everything I have on the go.  For right now, though, sleep is at the top of the to-do list, so I’m (virtually) outta here.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!