Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cassie's Journal - September 14, 2013



This report is coming to you from Grandma and Grandpa’s house; where Ethan, Ehlana, and I are spending the night while Mom and Dad are on a ‘date night in’ with bonus kid-free night.  Trust me, they’re having fun; and some of us don’t need any more information than that.

Without those kinds of stories, this report is going to be on the boring side, but if you’re looking for that kind of entertainment; try Aunt Leanne’s journal. :^)

For me, the highlights of the day were Tai Chi; hanging out with Michael and Rowen this afternoon; and the last handful of hours with Grandma and Grandpa.  Dad and I managed to have a little fun while doing the yard work; but I wouldn’t put mowing the lawn or any of the rest of the chores very high on the overall fun list for any day.  We basically worked from after breakfast until a bit after one o’clock.  Since we ended up having a late lunch, Rowen had biked over to get me for our afternoon play time already; so I scarfed down a quick sandwich and some cold veggies before we hit the road in search of small town fun and adventure.  We stopped by the Inn to get Michael when it was time for his afternoon break, and the three of us went for a construction site tour before going to the park for some trail riding.

We wrapped up Michael’s break time with a snack break back at home that Ethan and Ehlana joined us for, and after Michael went back to the Inn, Rowen helped me to get everything packed up that the twins and I would need for our sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa’s house.  She walked there with us too when it was time to go, and then hung out with me until it was nearly dinnertime and she needed to collect her parents at the computer store and take them home for the night.

It’s possible that every kid in my class, including Michael and Rowen, think that it’s weird for me to like having sleepovers at my grandparents’ house now that I’m almost a teen; but I really do love the few chances we actually get to do that when they’re not travelling or we’re each busy with other things.  I missed out on all of that for the first nine years or so of my life; and I’m not going to ever take sharing moments like this with the people I love for granted.

The top fun event of the night was playing games for an hour or so after Michael came over once he was set free from the Inn; and the bedtime story and snack that followed our play time.  This was the first time that Michael and I were hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa at their house for more than a passing-by visit; and Grandpa needed to tease us about everything from holding hands to it being all but over for us except for the wedding now that we were at the spending time with the grandparents stage of our relationship.  I know we’re only twelve, but Michael and I didn’t really have a problem with that suggestion.

Just don’t book the wedding quite yet, please!

Michael didn’t stay late tonight, and not just because Grandpa teased us about not being able to stay up late anymore now that he needed all of his wits about him to keep up with the new, young Pastor’s sermons; but we did sit in the living room for a little cuddle time after Ethan and Ehlana were tucked in for the night before he went home.  Despite our interest in having some quality alone time, we’ve managed to have another week go by without any improvement in that area of our lives.  I’d say we’ll work on it next week, but Dad’s going to be away and I’ll be helping Mom more with the twins; so that probably isn’t going to happen.

And I used to wonder why Mom and Dad had dating issues! ;^)

Anyway, it really was time to go to bed after Michael left; but I’ve been working on my computer for a while since then.  I’ve mostly been working on my language studies, but didn’t want to stay up past midnight; so I finished that up about twenty minutes ago so I could get through my nightly computer checks and this update in time to hit that ‘be-asleep-by’ target.  That’s all the news for today, and I still have about ten minutes to get to sleep, so that’s it for tonight.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!