Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cassie's Journal - September 11, 2013



Today is the twelfth anniversary of 9/11, and though it still makes the national news; there wasn’t anything special happening at school today.  We did discuss it in history class this afternoon; but it wasn’t our primary lesson or area of study.

After a couple of big days, I don’t really have a lot to write about for this update.  There wasn’t anything particularly newsworthy going on at school.  The guys are getting fired up about the football game on Friday, and we played at lunchtime again, but we’re all getting settled into our routines now; and there isn’t really any tween or teen drama going on in my immediate vicinity right now.

Our after-school study session today was in the conference room at Landry’s Automotive; and Tim will probably be hosting our little study group on Wednesdays.  It worked out for all of us – Rowen just needed to walk across the road to go to her part-time job once we’d finished our homework; Michael was close to the Inn; and after I walked with him there and stopped in to see Miranda and Jacob, I went on home to work in the office until dinnertime.  Tim wanted to go on to the park for some more football action, but his mother vetoed that and gave him some chores to do instead.

He’s blaming the rest of us for being too responsible and putting bad ideas in his Mom’s head; but helping his parents out around the office and shop isn’t anything new – he just got to have a bit of a reprieve that’s over now.

I’ve had a fairly standard school work night since getting home.  My family business jobs were pretty much all about Christmas today except for one of the handful of major projects that are ongoing and need some regular oversight from me on an ongoing basis.  Mom allowed me to work through until dinner was ready, and I had Ehlana and Ethan with me for about half of that time while they worked on their homework from their Grade Twelve lessons today and we had a nice little telepathic chat.

Since Mom cooked dinner, Dad and I were the clean-up crew while she did a Magi lesson with Ethan and Ehlana.  It was my turn after that, and Mom had me working on phase-shift transmutations tonight.  That’s still one of my favorites, and it’s amazing just how much there is to learn about it.  Tonight we worked with phase-shifting active electronic devices and dealing with the electrical, magnetic, and signal issues that affect things like cell phones or computers in a phase shift.

I’ll bet Verizon never tried that for their ‘can you hear me now’ commercials!

Of course we used an old cell phone for that just in case I accidentally fried it on my first attempts; but everything went smoothly; and I haven’t had any major goof-ups with my lessons in a long time anyway.  That said; I seriously doubt that Mom will be ready to have me try that little trick with one of our ‘work’ computers anytime soon.  Teaching me how to fix a messed up computer would not be quite as easy as fixing melted plastic or cracked glass.

The best thing about doing our lessons early is that I can get an early start to my ‘real’ studies and bedtime computing.  I was in bed with Mandy just a few minutes after Ethan and Ehlana were tucked in for the night; I put in nearly four hours of work; and I’ll still be sleeping by one-ish.  That sounds really great right now, and I don’t have anything else to report anyway; so let’s just wrap this up so I can get the extra sleep tonight that I’ll likely lose because of game night tomorrow.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!