Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cassie's Journal - September 16, 2013



I was so not ready to wake up early this morning, but wouldn’t have missed the little blast of fun we had before Dad left this morning for anything – or the cuddle time with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana after he had gone.

That second little nap helped a bit, and then it was time for Tai Chi.  It was raining lightly, so we exercised indoors.  Michael came over for that, and he liked getting to learn and do more today while we were out of public sight as much as Ethan and Ehlana did.  Mom and I started teaching them all of the postures for one of the long form workouts; and that second hit of entertainment was enough to get me fully fired up for the day.

Michael went home for breakfast, but was back again in time to have a little chat with Ethan and Ehlana while he waited for me to finish getting ready for school.  I’ll try not to make him wait for me too often, but I am a girl; so he should probably just get used to it happening sometimes.  Rowen came over just as I was getting downstairs, so we only stayed long enough for her to get some toddler hugs and kisses; and then we walked to school as quickly as we could while staying as dry as possible under our umbrellas.

The top Grade Eight news story today is about Nora and Brock.  They apparently hooked up at Karla’s birthday party on Friday, and are already well on their way to being a couple.  Nora seemed particularly pleased to be moving on before Tim had, though if she was expecting him to be jealous or upset about that; he didn’t show any signs of being either after hearing the news and seeing Nora and Brock spending most of their free time together today.

They still sat with the ‘singles’ group at lunchtime, and I noticed that Vanessa sat with Allen; but there wasn’t any news about them, so she was probably just trying to avoid looking like a third wheel while hanging out with her best friend.  Then again, Allen had been dating an ‘older woman’ before becoming a victim of the great divide between Grade Eight and Nine; so she may be looking at him as the best single guy available right now.  Her biggest obstacle for that might be how long it will take before Allen gets over being dumped by Molly.  Hopefully, for his sake, that’ll be a long time; but I won’t hold my breath on that.  I’d just hate to see Allen get his heart broken twice in a row, and he would definitely just be a ‘Mr. Right Now’ for Vanessa – especially since they aren’t even remotely a match.

Other than that news, our school day was pretty much the same as the weather – a bit dull and boring.  My personal fun level picked up after school.  Michael, Tim, and Rowen all came home with me; we did the snack and story time with Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana; and then we did our homework in the lounge before spending the rest of our play time having fun with my brother and sister.  That play time included a bit of music and some video gaming until Rowen and Tim needed to go home and Michael and I headed over to his house for dinner.

I hadn’t wanted to leave Mom on her own with Ethan and Ehlana after she’d already been taking care of them by herself all day; but she ordered me to accept the invitation – not that it was all that tough to get me to agree to having dinner with Michael and his family.  The food was awesome; I loved getting to spend some time with Miranda, Jacob, and Rebecca; and Michael and I had fun with another guitar lesson after we’d helped with the kitchen clean-up.  I have to take it easy with my guitar playing whenever Michael and I aren’t alone, but he’s teaching me some contemporary country songs that we both like – and that we can sing along to as we play.  Miranda thinks we should start a band, so she must think we sound good; but that isn’t going to happen if for no other reason than that we’re both too busy to even think about adding band practices and performances to the mix.

We made time for a little cuddling in the living room before I needed to be home at nine o’clock; but we weren’t alone for that, and I’m still wishing we could find some more Michael-and-me-only time.  That was at least a quiet little break before I was back into the action again.  I helped Mom get Ethan and Ehlana into bed for the night; she followed that up with a long Magi lesson for me; and then I came up to my room and got started on my bedtime studies and computing by shortly before eleven.  It’s almost two o’clock now, and though I could do more work; I’m beat and have had enough fun for today.  Mom’s going to spend the night in Crystal Springs tomorrow, and I’m going to be staying with Rowen; so I’d better wrap this up and get what sleep I can so I’ll be ready for that; band practice tomorrow; and anything else that comes up.  I’d better shoot for some Michael and me dreams too, since there won’t be any alone time for us tomorrow night; and he’ll be back to work at the Inn again on Wednesday.

I wonder what our parents would say if I suggested that we get a room at the hotel and go for an overnight stay too the next time Mom goes to spend some time with Dad in Crystal Springs?  Yeah, probably not going to happen.  I can dream, though, and plan to get to that right now, so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!