Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cassie's Journal - September 17, 2013



Mom and Dad are probably having more fun tonight than I have; though the parts of their sleepover in the city that Aunt Leanne will want to hear all about will not be kid-rated; and too much information for Ethan, Ehlana, and me for sure.

While I’m thinking about that, though, I wonder if I’d handle that as easily as Ethan and Ehlana do if Mom had been involved with any guys when I was their age.  They have essentially the same connection with her that I do; so we all sense the same things.  That doesn’t change much with distance; and our connections aren’t blocked by wards or shields.  Some of you reading this may think that’s really weird, but that connection came in fairly handy for Mom and Dad that day when Corwyn Hathorne tried to crash their plane.  Getting back to the point of my thoughts here, I don’t know what that might have been like had things been different when I was a toddler; but at least I was mostly ready to deal with it by the time we moved here.

Now we’ll get to find out if Mom’s ready to deal with my teen romance years! ;^)

That wasn’t anything for her to worry about today – our good morning kiss was pretty much all of the romance Michael and I got to share today.  From the time we finished up with Tai Chi by the river until it was time to go to school, I was kept busy with the full morning routine plus giving Mom extra help with Ethan and Ehlana so she could also get ready for her trip before dropping the twins off at KidZone and then leaving their overnight bags with Aunt Leanne before heading out of town.

Starting the school day with music class is still awesome, and though there weren’t any romantic opportunities for us; Michael and I did have fun all day.  Even playing football at lunchtime was fun; and today we had Sally decide to play too; mostly so she could do something with Joshua instead of sitting on the bleachers while he had fun.  There isn’t anything to report from our afternoon classes, or for band practice; though that was as much fun as music class had been this morning.

Our study session was at the computer store again, and Tim met Michael, Rowen, and me there after playing yet some more football while we were busy with the band.  Patricia invited all of us to have a pizza and wings dinner at their house, and when we were finished our work; she sent us over to the grocery store to pick up the frozen pizzas, wings, and a few other things with orders to start cooking the food once we got home.  We didn’t quite have everything ready to go by the time they got home from the store with Patrick and Scott; but the first wave of food was nearly ready to come out of the oven; the table was set; and the salad and side dishes were ready to go.

I hadn’t been surprised to find out that Patrick needed to have his best friend stay overnight too, and that ended up making for a very strange night for Rowen and me.  While the two younger boys needed to walk the fine line between trying to be cool around Michael and Tim while also attempting to annoy Rowen and me with their best gags and pranks, Tim has been the expert in that sort of thing for our grade; and he ended up helping them with ‘best practices’ tips and egging them on every time he laughed at their antics.

Don’t worry too much, Rowen – this was just a temporary regression for Tim.  He should be back to normal by tomorrow morning – or at least what’s normal for teenage boys these days.

I’ll skip the dinnertime goofiness details, though that was even occasionally entertaining when it wasn’t a total gross-out.  Rowen’s Mom did and didn’t save us by basically throwing the boys out of the house once they’d finished eating, and they happily left for the park to play football while Patricia, Rowen, and I cleaned up.  Owen had been kicked outside with the rest of the boys, but he was home again with a minor football injury by the time we were finishing the work in the kitchen.  It seemed like a good time for Rowen and me to leave when Patricia started joking about kissing him better; and we walked over to the park to catch the tail end of yet another football scrimmage that broke up when it started getting dark.

Michael and Tim came home with us, though we made a quick detour to say goodnight to Ethan and Ehlana at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house on our way back.  Rowen and I should have stayed there, since that would have been more fun than watching Michael and Tim spend the rest of their time with us playing video games with Patrick and Scott.  I didn’t even get to cuddle with Michael while they did that because they weren’t gaming in the living room because Rowen’s parents were watching television in there.

Patrick and Scott are the reason why our good morning kiss was the best Michael and I could manage today too.  They snuck out the back door when Rowen and I went outside to say goodnight to Michael and Tim; and made sure that there was zero opportunity for more than a peck of a kiss and a hug.  Michael and Tim played along, and even let Patrick and Scott ‘chase them off’ with Patrick’s helicopter.  Getting that for his birthday seemed like a good idea at the time; but not so much tonight.

At least that last blast of action pretty much ended the worst of gags and pranks for the night.  There were a few minor moments from the time we went inside again until Rowen and I had finished getting ready for bed and gone into hiding in her room; but Patrick and Scott seemed to mostly be pranked out by then  - or just didn’t find it as much fun without the audience.  Rowen and I tried to help ourselves out by turning the lights out in her room and using two sets of earbuds to listen to music while I worked on my computer and Rowen mostly surfed YouTube.  Our girl chat included me lamenting about the lack of boyfriend alone time; and Rowen wished that Tim would get around to being her boyfriend so she could have a problem like mine.

Staying with Rowen hasn’t kept me from doing all of my work and studying tonight.  She fell asleep a couple of hours ago, and I was able to kick it up a notch or three; though I didn’t use any Magi power to help out with that.  I’ve ended up working a bit later than I should have, but can still be sleeping by two-thirty if I put my computer away now.  Time for another night of dreaming about what isn’t happening in real life for Michael and me.  It’s hard to believe that I didn’t want to be thinking or dreaming about things like that just a few short months ago!  Dad probably wishes I was still at that stage – though I seriously doubt he’s thinking about that tonight.

We really don’t want to go there, so I’m out of here.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!