Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cassie's Journal - September 23, 2013



Let’s begin with some social news from school that definitely leaned toward the weird today.

Nora and Brock have officially joined the Grade Eight couples club, and while they’re still not yet a couple; Vanessa and Allen paired up so they could hang out with the rest of us too.  That’s not really any different than Rowen and Tim hanging out with Michael and me; but it sure feels different.  Rowen and I have never been part of the couples club before when Vanessa and Nora were, so that was part of the weird; while just hanging out together not really that many weeks after we’d been on Nora’s and Vanessa’s hit list seemed very odd – especially since they were mostly trying to ignore our presence while still participating in some of the same conversations we were having with our collective friends.  It’s very obvious that Nora is still very happy about ‘beating’ Tim to the next relationship; and just as obvious that Vanessa really wants to have Allen join the club with her.  I’ll take the under on whether she’ll have him caught by the fall festival.

In other news, while I haven’t mentioned anything other than high school football in my journal so far this season, Monday is a big football day for the guys; and Michael and I are having a fair bit of fun with my ability to keep ahead of all of the guys when it comes to the weekend results and Monday morning quarterbacking of college and professional matches.  Michael should have gotten special commendation for not even suggesting that we watch football on Saturday night; but then again I guess you could say that he did – not that either of us were thinking about football at the time!  ;^)

We played some football at lunchtime too; and Rowen, Gretchen, Sally, and I were all out of the field this time too instead of sitting on the bleachers.  The boys may not let us play tomorrow; but that’s only because our team won fairly easily.  That did have a lot to do with having Michael, Tim, Joshua, and Elliott on our team too; but the guys on the other team were complaining about us being a distraction – not about our football skills.  I’m sure that helps them deal with the fact that they weren’t able to catch up with Rowen or me even once; and it’s not our fault if they spent more time girl-watching instead of keeping an eye on where the football was going.

There wasn’t much else going on at school today other than one little pop quiz; so it seemed comparatively quiet.  I brought Michael, Tim, and Rowen home with me for our after school study session, and then we took Ethan and Ehlana with us to the park for some more football and playground action.  I know the guys really want to play football whenever they can on Michael’s days off – especially when the weather is cooperating; but I have no intention of sitting on the bleachers and watching them once it gets colder.  We took bikes and the trailer with us to the park, and left early enough so that we could do a construction site tour when it was time for all of us to get home for dinner at our respective houses.  The new apartment building is already taking shape; and I’m always impressed with the progress at the lab between one visit and the next.

Michael came home with me long enough to help with Ethan, Ehlana, and the bikes and trailer; but then he went home for dinner while Mom and Dad just had their own kids to feed tonight.  I’d missed out on the cooking, but took care of the clean-up on my own while I waited for Michael, Rowen, and Tim to all come over again so we could have a music practice to get ready for class and band tomorrow; and play some video games in the lounge after that.

Ethan and Ehlana came upstairs with us for the music time; and they both sat on my piano bench and happily plunked away at it while the rest of us were practicing our band music.  While Tim isn’t in the band, he played along with us; usually just picking away at the melody of each song while Michael, Rowen, and I played our assigned parts.  That doesn’t really sound all that great when Michael and I just have basic harmonies for most of our music; but then we also have some long breaks where we can take turns playing along with the melody too.  If Tim keeps working with us, he could get an invitation to the band too; though I’m not sure if he’d want to join or not since he really wants to play football during high school.

Mom let the twins stay with us long enough so that they could have a little video gaming fun with Michael and Tim; but then she took them downstairs when she was ready to put them into the bathtub for their usual Monday night clean-up.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I played on until it was time to do the bedtime story and snack with the twins; and then we went downstairs to do that with them – and Mom and Dad – in the office.  Tim still hasn’t spent much time in the office yet, so he’s still really impressed with the set-up there; and wants to convince his parents that they really need a home office like ours too.  I’ll take a wild guess that if they did remodel their office that he’d move in and have his X-Box hooked up to the big screen monitor.  I’d suggest that he should just ask Santa for a bigger television for his room, but then he’s probably asking for the new X-Box One this year – the same as most other boys his age are likely doing this year too – Michael included.

We’re still more than a month away from Halloween, so let’s not get on a Christmas kick quite yet; but Rowen and I will have an easy time this year picking out gifts for boys this year – if enough of those new game systems are available.  Maybe I’ll take a look around my companies and see if I can help out with that potential little problem – I do have a few toy stores in my investment portfolio.

Moving along, Michael, Tim, and Rowen went home when Ethan and Ehlana were taken up to bed, and Tim walked Rowen home while Michael and I spent a couple of minutes saying goodnight on my front porch in a mostly non-verbal sort of way.  Michael was on his way home too by the time Tim and Rowen split up in front of her house; and Rowen and I both stayed outside and watched our boys until they were either home or out of sight.  We exchanged grins and waves before going inside too; and then I went straight to work on my Magi lesson with Mom.

By the time I was finished that and had chatted with Mom and Dad for a little while until Dad was finished his work for the night it was heading toward eleven o’clock.  After coming up to my room, I got changed; climbed into bed with Mandy; and got started on my archive homework.  I spent an hour or so on that; another hour and a half on my language studies; and have been doing my nightly computing and a bit of family business work since then.  It’s heading toward two-thirty, and past-time for me to get to sleep.  That’s all the news I have for today anyway; so until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!