Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Cassie's Journal - September 24, 2013



Yes, I think that Tuesdays are going to be my favorite weekday for this school year – especially when Michael and I get to have dinner and spend the evening together.

It’s getting much cooler in the mornings now, but we’re still going out to the river for Tai Chi and just dressing a bit more warmly.  Ethan and Ehlana like being outdoors for that as much as the rest of us do, but then they’d also like to exercise in the house so that they can practice their Tai Chi the way they can instead of playing the public ‘normal toddler’ role.

Michael went home to have breakfast with his parents and sister, and I was kept busy with the usual KidZone day morning routine right up until he and Rowen met up with me here when it was time to get to school.  Tim met us there, and I got to take the heat for being late even though we still had time to drop things off at our lockers before going to home room; and I hadn’t been running behind for any of the reasons Tim kept suggesting.

We had a pretty good day at school, though there really isn’t anything newsworthy to report from our classes; and no major gossip worth repeating here.  Band practice was fun, and so was our study session after that at the computer store.  Tim was late for that because he was playing football at the park, and didn’t quite get all of his work done before Michael and I needed to leave for dinner at his house.

When I stopped in to drop off my computer bag at home, I found out that Ehlana had brought Naomi home with her from KidZone for a sleepover; mostly because her best friend wanted a night off from all of the middle of the night wake-up calls Eli was giving his parents and big sister since getting home from the clinic.  The novelty of a baby in the house is definitely wearing off for her; and I suspect that there will be more sleepovers for her at our house over the next few months when she needs a break.

Jacob wasn’t experimenting with anything tonight, but his dinners are still the best in town; and I really love getting to share those meals with Michael and his family.  Now that Rebecca’s in Grade Nine, we’re not doing much together right now; but she’s still my second-best girlfriend in Witch Falls; and we have fun whenever we can hang out together without the great scholastic and social divide getting in our way like it does when we’re at school.  Hopefully that’ll change again once Michael and I start high school too – at least for a few years.

Listen to me writing about Michael and me years in the future!  Is that the gourmet dinners talking; or could it be that I know something? ;^)

Since he gets to do a lot of cleaning at the Inn, doing the dishes after dinner isn’t Michael’s favorite job; but I think it’s a small price to pay for the awesome food and try to make it fun for both of us too.  We followed that up with an hour or so of music that was split between a guitar lesson and playing the band and music class music we’re learning on our saxophones.  That left us with a half hour or so to cuddle on a sofa in the living room while we talked with Miranda, Jacob, and Rebecca; and then it was time for me to get home so I could do the bedtime story and snack with Ethan, Ehlana, and Naomi.

It’s after two again and I’m getting tired fast; so let’s wrap this up in condensed version mode.  The story and snack was in the office with Dad; Mom and I did a little girl chat time with Ehlana and Naomi after Ethan was tucked into bed and kissed goodnight by four girls; and then Mom did a Magi lesson with me in my room before she went to get Dad and take him to bed for the night.  I’ve been doing all of my usual school night studying and work since then, and don’t have anything important to report from my archive or language studies; or from family business work or email news.  We’re back to a couple of after-school work nights; so I really do need to rest up for that – and to help out with Ethan, Ehlana, and Naomi in the morning; so that’s it for tonight.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!