Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - October 3, 2018


Ethan:

It’s been another awesome weather day; so spending more time outdoors was an option again at school; and then Ehlana and I went out to play with Naomi, Aiden, and some of our friends while saving up the lab and archives work for after dinner.  We can actually get more done when Mom goes with us and uses a time phase while we’re at the lab, and I’m glad that we had the play time; but that all adds up to a long day; and now I need to crash and nap so that’s all of my news for tonight.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

Ethan’s kept his update short, and I probably should; but won’t because I have a few things to write about tonight.

First up; my favorite news of the day is that Cassie, Michael, Rowen, and Tim are going to come home for the fall festival weekend.  They have mid-terms next week, so that might be a tough trip for them; but I’ll be happy to see them again one more time before they’ll be home at Thanksgiving.

Here at home, my morning with Naomi and her family was fun; we were in her back yard for Tai Chi; and Eli was tired and didn’t feel like trying to bug us while having breakfast and getting ready for the day.  My favorite parts of the school day were the extra outdoors play opportunities that included some fall science fun; English class under a big tree; and the rest of the fun we got to have out of the classroom while doing that is an option.  Biking and playing at the park after school was great too – even if Ethan’s right about that too and we made our day longer and tougher by working at the lab after dinner.

My research is rolling along, and while my experiments tonight ended in failure again as usual; I am still sure that we’re on the right track; so it’s just a matter of time before we’ll get the right solution.  I’ll keep hoping that’ll happen sooner instead of later; since it will be a bit tedious if it takes another ten or twenty years of experiments before we do find the solution.

I don’t want to go on a rant about medicine when it comes to treatments and cures, but I will point out that what we’re doing at the lab is all about cures for illnesses – something that is very unpopular for most businesses involved in the so-called ‘health-care’ industry.  Yes, we need to make money at the lab to continue our work, but I’d also be happy to be able to close the lab some day if we ever solve all of the problems of the world and wouldn’t be needed anymore.  It really bugs me that there are so many people that would rather exploit illnesses for profit and don’t actually want to cure anything when they can make more money by ‘controlling’ the illnesses with expensive treatments that sometimes don’t really even help at all.

I hope that our lab will be very unpopular with all of those companies as we find our cures and then put them out of business!  That won’t happen anytime soon, but it’s a worthy goal; and I’m just the junior Magi Master for the job!

So much for not going on a rant! ;^)

Moving along, I guess the only parts of my day that haven’t been covered are the dinner we had with Mom and Dad where we found out that they did nothing with their kid-free night – or at least nothing they could talk with us about; and the Jacuzzi time that I just finished up after getting home from the lab and doing the bedtime snack and story with Dad in the office.  The tub time was needed because of the outdoor play time today; and now I’m ready to wrap this up and get some sleep.

This has been a really good day, and while we’re going to get some rain overnight; I’ll hope that the trend will continue through the rest of the week.  Whether that happens or now will have to wait for my next updates, though, so I’m going to call it a night; and get on with that nap time.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!